5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I can’t figure out how to extend the steps manually without opening the doors?

Cravenfan

Reaction score
I’ve asked this question in another thread, but can someone show me on the UConnect screen of a 1500 Limited how I can manually put out the power side steps please? Today I read the owners manual as I sat in the line at the car wash. I can store them, or deploy when the doors are open, but I can’t figure out how to manually deploy so they stay out?

I was inside the car wash, trying to time opening the door to extend them as the sprayers come along the side, and not get shot with high PSI water showering down around me. Help!

I’d also like to keep them out occasionally while parked in a parking lot, but wondering if the Limited package doesn’t have this option? 5A60AC88-8E2E-47A5-BBEC-9F2F329995B4.jpeg

Attachments

• FEB1558D-9750-45AF-BE4F-9E59CAA44C15.jpeg
    FEB1558D-9750-45AF-BE4F-9E59CAA44C15.jpeg
    145.9 KB · Views: 29

Trooper4

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Open the backup camera window and the step deploy/retract is there for manual operation. I usually raise the truck and deploy the step before opening the door in crowded parking lots with my Limited.

Cravenfan

Reaction score
This forum is awesome, thanks! Found it. Not sure the manual does a good job explaining this, nor is that intuitive to go there, but I’ll pin that surround cam, or backup cam to the bottom of the UConnect screen and can access it with one button click.

Attachments

• 5AC79887-777B-4BF4-8F7F-62BF4D132621.jpeg
    5AC79887-777B-4BF4-8F7F-62BF4D132621.jpeg
    163.8 KB · Views: 35

HeliPilot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This forum is awesome, thanks! Found it. Not sure the manual does a good job explaining this, nor is that intuitive to go there, but I’ll pin that surround cam, or backup cam to the bottom of the UConnect screen and can access it with one button click.
Note to be extra careful at carwashes. Others have posted on this site that their steps were ripped off in automatic car washes when they were deployed for cleaning.

Cravenfan

Reaction score
Note to be extra careful at carwashes. Others have posted on this site that their steps were ripped off in automatic car washes when they were deployed for cleaning.

Yes, good point, this car wash has the dual swing arms that extend out quite a way and spray water toward the truck. The steps don't go out much more than the mirrors, so I'd guess if you have to fold your mirrors in, you would not want to extend the steps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/