5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I am impressed with FCA’s efforts

syddog 2000

Reaction score
I have had my Truck since July 1st. In general all has been good. I have responded to 5 surveys more than I can remember ever doing in my car buying life which has included many vehicles. Like most I tend to think that these surveys are never really taken seriously however. I had mentioned on one that I was having trouble with my 12” Uconnect when using apple CarPlay. The phone would repeatedly connect and then disconnect . I tried new cords and a different phone and it didn’t make much difference. I assumed it would correct with an over the air update. Two weeks ago I received a phone call from FCA customer service saying that they were calling in response to that survey in which I mentioned my issue I was shocked her name was Diane and she inqyas to the problem and said she would research and get back to me. She did about a week later and said that I should make an appointment at the dealer and gave me a Star case # told me to let her know when I was to bring it in and let the dealer know the case # . I did this yesterday. The dealer seemed skeptical at first when I gave him the information so I figured nothing would be done with it. I was pleasantly surprised when I got a call from the dealer telling me that Diane from Fca contacted them and walked the technician through a few procedures and they found a failure in the USB ports. Of course they have to order the part which is not available until January 19. But I was really impressed. To me this is not the kind of service one expected from an American car company. Kudos to you FCA. You build the best truck and now you are backing it up.

Bhbdvm

Reaction score
I am glad they showed the effort and followed through. Thanks for posting the positive response. I wonder if Diane would benefit from a positive response from you at FCA. Some of these people go above and beyond but don't always get recognition.

19llhpb

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have had my Truck since July 1st. In general all has been good. I have responded to 5 surveys more than I can remember ever doing in my car buying life which has included many vehicles. Like most I tend to think that these surveys are never really taken seriously however. I had mentioned on one that I was having trouble with my 12” Uconnect when using apple CarPlay. The phone would repeatedly connect and then disconnect . I tried new cords and a different phone and it didn’t make much difference. I assumed it would correct with an over the air update. Two weeks ago I received a phone call from FCA customer service saying that they were calling in response to that survey in which I mentioned my issue I was shocked her name was Diane and she inqyas to the problem and said she would research and get back to me. She did about a week later and said that I should make an appointment at the dealer and gave me a Star case # told me to let her know when I was to bring it in and let the dealer know the case # . I did this yesterday. The dealer seemed skeptical at first when I gave him the information so I figured nothing would be done with it. I was pleasantly surprised when I got a call from the dealer telling me that Diane from Fca contacted them and walked the technician through a few procedures and they found a failure in the USB ports. Of course they have to order the part which is not available until January 19. But I was really impressed. To me this is not the kind of service one expected from an American car company. Kudos to you FCA. You build the best truck and now you are backing it up.
Glad to hear that! I’m sure FCA knows this new Ram is their best shot yet of overtaking the Chevy and giving the F-150 a fight. They have the truck to do just this as long as they can back it up with great service!

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Lol I’ve been waiting for a single part since June with no eta it would seem in sight !

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
^^^. I’ve been extremely patient about this and they ( dealership ) knows that. Sadly my patience is at an end and they need to do whatever needs to be done to fix this.

Users who are viewing this thread