5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I am a victim of physical abuse by my Ram truck...

mplaramie

Reaction score
Your not alone. Sadly, I've been a victim as well.... 🤣🤣🤣

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I was hesitant to post about this situation. But I, too, suffer from CRAP. (Chronic Ram Arm Pinch). It’s embarrassing, (my wife says pigeons would have learned not to rest there by now. ). It’s unsightly (I have little bruises on the inside of my left arm), and very dangerous; I smacked myself in the head so hard after the last time I did it today, I think I may have a concussion. I’m thinking of doing a design so it seems more methodical than just freaking stupid!
I removed my nubs and replaced them with plugs. Problem solved, and looks much better imo:
IMG_7286.JPG
IMG_7289.JPG

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
So those plugs just stay in there(once the silver button is screwed off) and don’t move when the door is locked and unlocked? That seems next level……
Yes, that size is the perfect fit, and the color a perfect match.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
So those plugs just stay in there(once the silver button is screwed off) and don’t move when the door is locked and unlocked? That seems next level……
You can unscrew yours and look ar how it works. They are rather long.
When you are done looking you can screw it back in. It stops when it's fully screwed in.

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You can unscrew yours and look ar how it works. They are rather long.
When you are done looking you can screw it back in. It stops when it's fully screwed in.
So mine won't screw back in :LOL:. I'll have to take the door panel off to get it back in. I may 3D print one that's shorter, but I guess that won't eliminate the pinching as it goes down.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
So mine won't screw back in :LOL:. I'll have to take the door panel off to get it back in. I may 3D print one that's shorter, but I guess that won't eliminate the pinching as it goes down.
You need to line up the leg with the stud. It took me a few tries then it screws on.
In fact you don't even need to put it back on. Only function is to pull it up to unlock which is impossible or lock the door manually by pushing it down.
The cap is just to prevent any crap from going I to the hole and jamming it.

Users who are viewing this thread