5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I am a victim of physical abuse by my Ram truck...

Extole

Reaction score
My truck gets enjoyment in pinching the under side of my arms with its auto lock function since the day I got her. Please help, I need to find counseling and support groups to help me feel safer at night..

P.S. I love her so much still...

Last edited:

Randyp79

Reaction score
Same here, mine has actually drawn blood before. It really is a safety hazard.
8eff6ba1c790baee47e53a7a03bbbb34.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

derp

Reaction score
take the nub off. really, when was the last time you needed it?
it just threads on

mikeru82

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Ouch...I'm just trying to mentally visualize this happening, and I'm having trouble seeing how your arm is in a position to get pinched by it. Maybe just keep your arm away from that until the doors lock, or change your routine when you first get in to include locking your door before you start driving. It's been proven that a new habit can be formed in about two weeks for most people. So for two weeks keep a post-it in your truck to remind you to do that. It will quickly become as much of a habit as putting on your seat belt. Or just remove the nub, like already suggested.

Bionicbo

Reaction score
My truck gets enjoyment in pinching the under side of my arms with its auto lock function since the day I got her. Please help, I need to find counseling and support groups to help me feel safer at night..

Turn off auto lock in settings

ny2az

Reaction score

lol....happens to me as well ... if they were smooth instead of grooved ... it may not be or hurt so bad!!! :)

Dusty1948

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Nice tune, but I found the graphic a little disturbing. I think I was married to her sister!

Best regards,
Dusty
2019 Ram 1500 Billet Silver Laramie Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 33 gallon fuel tank, factory dual exhaust, 18” wheels. Build date: 17 July 2018. Now at: 029673 miles.

Zinger

Reaction score
Happened to me once. A darn good welt resulted. Bad design.

rsmeanie

Reaction score
I tried doing this today and I couldn’t even reach my arm back far enough. I’m probably shorter than you guys. Lol.

Users who are viewing this thread