5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I’ve had my new Limited for only 5 DAYS and the leather seats already look terrible!!!

Palaverphobe

Reaction score
Is this normal because I wouldn’t think the seats of a $74k truck would do this in less than a week. Am I being unreasonable here?
EA321A29-B933-4717-B90F-45D7A56FED53.jpeg 9580CAD6-1E67-4B9F-B51E-28CD565B920F.jpeg

Vinnie.

Ram Guru
Reaction score
bolster on the driver seat.... doesn't look like much to me. the passenger seat maybe. but you could just be super picky because it's so new.

i'll let others answer who have Limiteds

CPenn1086

Reaction score
I know Limiteds have different leather, but at 5,000 miles my Laramie leather looks good as new. I would complain if it were my truck.

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I have a 2006 Honda Accord with leather seats. Passenger seat looks similar and it happened after a dealership visit, but not immediately after pick up. Can't attest to what happened but I question if they used a rag/glove with brake fluid or similar type product on the leather seat.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
bolster on the driver seat.... doesn't look like much to me. the passenger seat maybe. but you could just be super picky because it's so new.

i'll let others answer who have Limiteds
Agreed. The driver's side bolster is behaving like genuine leather. The passenger seat appears to have (1) a flaw since new that wasn't detectable until you had the right lighting, (2) chemical damage (as @Jako suggests), or (3) heat damage from a malfunctioning heated seat mechanism. Just a few ideas. But it's new enough that I'd have the dealer make it right.

USAFA-09

Reaction score
Hopefully this will help. I was 3 months new, ~3000 miles and both front driver and passenger looked almost identical to your circled areas, and in addition the rear-most section was warping, looked like a 5 year seat wear and tear. I took to dealership and they sent pics to RAM for warranty repair approval, it was approved and my new seat bottoms are already ordered and on their way. Additionally, I submitted this warranty repair in January, the seat bottom part numbers were discontinued and they didn't get the new part number until last week! If I read into that further, I could assume RAM recognized a bad batch of leather maybe...but either way the new ones for me are on their way. Shipping (sigh), takes 30-60 days though, but hey, a remedy eventually and hopefully the replacements are much better.

USAFA-09

Reaction score
pic of rearmost section, again, ~3 months new and 3000 miles, they agreed not okay. The passenger side showed the wrinkled mid-section just like yours as well.

Attachments

• IMG_0522.jpg
    IMG_0522.jpg
    152.4 KB · Views: 215
  • IMG_0521.jpg
    IMG_0521.jpg
    151.1 KB · Views: 215

bill-e

Ram Guru
Reaction score
pic of rearmost section, again, ~3 months new and 3000 miles, they agreed not okay. The passenger side showed the wrinkled mid-section just like yours as well.
That happened to my 15 Laramie. I attributed it to the thick wallet I carry....now for my Limited I remove it when I remember.

redneck

Reaction score
has any one noticed the different textures of leather on each side of the center consol lid they dont match each other

ac1dd

Reaction score
The passenger's side bottom panel looks as if the mfr used the incorrect graining pattern from a vinyl press machine. Weird.

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score

I’m surprised they would submit that for warranty repair looks like normal wear just like you get on most leather seats unless I’m not seeing it correct. Kudos anyways hope the new bottoms don’t do the same thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Driver's side looks fine. The bolster leather is a tad thicker than the cushion. The passengers side is flawed. They should replace that.

Cheers,

Palaverphobe

Reaction score
And in a shocking turn of events, the salesman asked for photos of the defective seat, we sent photos, and now he's not answering his cell (which he ALWAYS did before) or returning our calls.

Palaverphobe

Reaction score
Just take it to the service dept. They should be able to take care of this w/o salesman involvement.
Even if I bought it from Mark Dodge and I live on the West Coast? Should I just take it to the nearest dealer?

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Even if I bought it from Mark Dodge and I live on the West Coast? Should I just take it to the nearest dealer?
As Neuro said, just bring this in and show the service advisor. They'll probably have to submit photos of it to FCA for replacement approval but you can have this done at any dealer near you. Don't waste time with your salesman.

Users who are viewing this thread