5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I’m liking my truck more each day...

Ram Guru
Reaction score
After dealer induced heartburn and heartache, I’m enjoying my Ram more each time I drive it. Nearly every trip finds the truck hauling a load of some kind—from straw and hay to paneling and tractor parts. The tailgate fob button that I thought was a “gadget” is actually handy. The sound system is one of the best I’ve owned (which includes late model Porsche, Audi, Jag and BMW). The ride is, dare I say, plush. A little soft, but nice. Mileage is good to boot!

My gripes are few, but includes terrible Nav controls and graphics—FCA could learn at lot about easy access interfaces from Audi. Also, we need button to activate the front camera/360 view when going forward, as going through the touch screen is a pain.

Overall the truck is a nice upgrade from my Plain-Jane Gen 4 Tradesman, and is every bit as nice as my wife's Audi SUV.
A600483C-0360-4D7E-9938-0DA8B960A16C.jpeg

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I hope this is a trend that continues to grow as early delivery owners start to get their trucks in working order. I know from experience with my 16' Rebel how heartbreaking it was to have major issues with a new truck I so desperately wanted to love.

I'm encouraged by your growing satisfaction with your truck, because when it's all working right, they are an amazing truck.

Just to remind yourself how nice your Ram is, I recommend anyone go test drive a Chevy or Ford now that your senses are spoiled and you will run back to your Ram as fast as you can.

mikemcfarland

Reaction score
I hope this is a trend that continues to grow as early delivery owners start to get their trucks in working order. I know from experience with my 16' Rebel how heartbreaking it was to have major issues with a new truck I so desperately wanted to love.

I'm encouraged by your growing satisfaction with your truck, because when it's all working right, they are an amazing truck.

Just to remind yourself how nice your Ram is, I recommend anyone go test drive a Chevy or Ford now that your senses are spoiled and you will run back to your Ram as fast as you can.

well said:)

cjmst23

Reaction score
1 week with mine (minus 1 day to realign 1 door) and I absolutely love it!!!

No regrets, just total satisfaction.

Only remaining problem is that I look nuts because I'm always driving with a huge smile on my face!

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I somtimes have a sore face after a long drive... perma-grin hurts! :D

A good dealership can also help more than you think. A reassuring service rep and competent mechanics with an open door policy gives more confidence, regardless of the issue at hand. I've noticed in a lot of posts from disgruntled owners the words "cannot duplicate issue/symptom"... that's not a helpful, positive experience for anyone with an expensive truck and problems.

19llhpb

Ram Guru
Reaction score
3 months and 5,500 miles in and absolutely enjoying it more and more every time I drive it. No regrets whatsoever. Actually enjoy hearing the compliments from a couple of die-hard Ford friends of mine when they are in it! You can tell as they are looking around that they are trying to find something to complain about and they can’t.;)

Bdog

Reaction score
You can tap and hold on the surround view cam and drag it to the bottom which is your favorites. From there it is just an easy one click to get the cam. I use mine all the time going forward.

Funny we have the same combo. My wife has an Audi SUV also.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online