5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I’m kind of liking the Jeep Gladiator

Firebird

Reaction score
I don’t want to like it, but these Gladiators are really starting to grow on me. I always loved my Jeeps, but I have to have a truck, Gladiator ticks off both boxes.

Richard320

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
LA County, People's Republic of California
I kept waiting and waiting for the new Jeep pickup to be released. It must have been three or four years they showed prototypes. I kept shoveling money at my 1995 Cherokee, figuring it only had to last a little longer. Just a little longer. I figured I'll buy a Gladiator and unload the Cherokee and the Wrangler.

Until I saw the price.

And the too-short bed. It should have been offered in a two-door with a longer bed.

For that kind of money, I can get a full-sized pickup and get some change back. So I did.

Dire Wolf

Reaction score
I feel the dilemma!
I've owned Wranglers since 1992 and a truck too since 2012. The Gladiator checks both boxes, but the prices and the shorter bed have me on hold. My plan was to trade in both my '17 lifted/modded JK and my 2018 Ram 1500....then I traded in the Ram for a 2019...and started modding my Ram... and I love my Ram...and my Hemi...and my JK with a Pedal Commander.... The Gladiator is sweet and my be in my future, but not for now. I'll wait for the deals to kick in and continue to drool in the meantime.

_StangPGH

Reaction score
I don't like them stock but recently saw one entirely line-x'd in Army green with black accents sitting on 38's or 40's and my jaw just about hit the floor. Incredibly bad ***.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

U

User_21361

For me the gladiator was too small, overpriced and less refined for the same price ram 1500. The ride quality was a bit clunky and the interior was definitely cramped even for the driver. My additional constraint for two car seats and a dog made it a non starter. I miss my Wrangler and the removable too, but the gladiator just could not get me what I could get in the Ram. If the Gladiator was 35-40k... Different story, but 60k? No thanks

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
They look good especially with some bigger tires. I just couldn't do the much smaller interior, feels cramped to me.

troutspinner

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I seen one on the road the other day. Kind of reminded me of the old box style bronco with the top off. Not my cup of tea when comparing to a full size pickup but I can see the allure. This is however coming from a guy who’s next pickup is probably going to be a Tacoma. ;). My family is growing, I won’t need a full size in the near future so it’s time to get back to the truck style I had before kids.

Users who are viewing this thread