5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hypertech Speedometer Calibration?

RAMayor

Reaction score
I'm having the Milestar Patagonia MT installed on my truck now with the 22" stock wheels from the Black Appearance package and a 5" Rough County lift for the Air Ride Limited. How do you like the Patagonia's? difference in ride? Road noise? etc?
Very different ride, and considerable road noise. I have never run mud tires before, but the ride is very stiff compared to stock passenger tires. Road noise isnt horrible, but definitely noticeable difference from stock. But, in the end, they look SOOOO much better than the stock rubber. I got used to the ride and noise and always love the way she looks as i walk up to get in her, so i am happy!

Slonis

Reaction score
We have a 2020 Ram 1500 Limited running 35" tyres. Used the Rough Country calibrator which updates the tyre size in the BCM. We then had to also update the radio/sat nav as that didn't pickup the new tyre size straight away and the navigation goes haywire. It seems that it still uses the wheel speed pulses to calculate speed and distance travelled. After forcing the Radio to update, all is good EXCEPT the PTS (parking sensors etc.) Will not work as the PTS module reports "Vehicle Line Mismatch" and switches itself off as it doesn't like the new tyre size.

If you set the tyre size back to factory it works again, as soon as you set 34.5 (which seems the accurate rolling diameter for a 35") it refuses to operate. So we have a choice of speed under-reading by 6% and the sat-nav going haywire but having park sensors that work, or having the correct speed and no front or rear park sensors.

Dealers cannot change tyre size with wiTECH on 2020 model year vehicles, - FCA have removed the option. Even before this, dealers could only select tyres that were originally available from the factory. We have been told it is to do with the vehicles being certified by EPA with the specific tyres fitted by the factory and no EPA certification existing for any other size.

But people are going to change their tyres anyway irrespective of emissions certification.

Not being possible to correctly adjust the BCM / TCM and PTS to reflect this change is dangerous. The vehicle will either be travelling at greater speeds than indicated, or its built in safety features (Parksense) will not function properly. This is hardly ideal. It would be far safer to allow the vehicle systems to be updated to show the correct tyre size.

Has anyone had similar issues with tire size and PTS and managed to find a work around? Any help appreciated!
I have the same problem after tire change.
35x13.5-20.
I change the tire diameters with JSCAN.
Now I have the B222A-00 code "Vehicle Line Mismatch".
Any have a answer?
2020 Laramie with RC 5“ and air suspension.

Attachments

• 0EBA5B8A-B962-4373-9F53-B2478C27E0F3.png
    0EBA5B8A-B962-4373-9F53-B2478C27E0F3.png
    257.8 KB · Views: 18
  • 5D658E30-6369-4E1C-A220-9C734BCA8875.png
    5D658E30-6369-4E1C-A220-9C734BCA8875.png
    271.7 KB · Views: 18
  • BBEC209C-FEAF-48E2-90A7-1601D39307D4.png
    BBEC209C-FEAF-48E2-90A7-1601D39307D4.png
    119.5 KB · Views: 17

ch53e mech

US Marine. Very grateful to everyone for the help!
Site Supporter
Reaction score
If you have an air suspension you might have to "write suspension height values" and then "set ride height" under "suspension" in alfaobd. I am not certain of this, but if you ask one of our resident guru's in a pm they would likely know for sure. I know I have gotten a lot of help on here from some of them.

ch53e mech

US Marine. Very grateful to everyone for the help!
Site Supporter
Reaction score
It's only if the dealer does a software update you will lose your calibration.

With regard to the PTS module we still have the issue. (2020 RAM Limited with Advanced Safety Group). We have tried both the Hypertech/Rough Country and Tazer DT and they both cause the PTS/PAM to throw the B222A-00 code "Vehicle Line Mismatch" which disables the park sensors. No amount of sleep cycles or reboots gets rid of this. All other modules are happy, speedo is spot on, Navigation is happy with distance measured vs GPS, BCM is correct, but although the PTS has the new corrected circumference in it, it refuses to operate and the code stays permanently active.
I am using hypertech. Are you saying it is the reason for my b222a code when I go above 2705mm in alfaobd? If so I'm taking it out.

TANDREW822

Reaction score
I went with Superchips / Flashcal Worked like a champ. Speedo is right on. IMO I believe it's the easiest one out there. Took all of 5 minutes not including the test drive to verify accuracy of the change.

Lassic

Reaction score
Did your vehicle throw error codes when you updated the tire size with the superchips flashcal? Are your parking sensors working, automatic highbeams, lane assist?

Users who are viewing this thread