5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hydraulic body mounts?

Shominot

Reaction score
Have a 2021 2500 with an oil leak that looks like is coming from the cab mount. Leak on the passenger side at the rear of the cab (under the back seat). Does anyone know if the mounts are hydraulic? Cannot find any other explanation what might be leaking based on location alone. I did check inside the cab to make sure nothing was spilled onto the floor and there is nothing.

Attachments

• 20240225_120833.jpg
    20240225_120833.jpg
    122.8 KB · Views: 39

dajogejr

Reaction score
That’s just weird. You may get better traction in the 2500 forum.
I would get some cleaner and spray ‘em down real good then check again prior to car washes, rain, snow, etc.
(Assuming you get snow.. :) )

Wonder if it’s possbile rain or car wash just channels down that way. Is that wetness on the black part of the mount, I’d see if that’s an oil or just water.

Shominot

Reaction score
That’s just weird. You may get better traction in the 2500 forum.
I would get some cleaner and spray ‘em down real good then check again prior to car washes, rain, snow, etc.
(Assuming you get snow.. :) )

Wonder if it’s possbile rain or car wash just channels down that way. Is that wetness on the black part of the mount, I’d see if that’s an oil or just water.
So I took my truck to the dealer and found out the insulator that cushions the body mount to the frame is oil filled and was leaking. Fixed it under warranty.

dajogejr

Reaction score
Really? Interesting. Fluid filled body mounts is a new one to me.. I wonder if that’s just 3/4 or 1 ton..
Thanks for reporting back. Glad they took care of it.

Now every other forum member Is gonna go look under their truck.. :)

Users who are viewing this thread