5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

HVAC TSB 24-001-19 - Higher Fan Speed

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hi everyone, very glad to see this site is still very busy!

I took my truck in a few months back for the HVAC TSB (not cooling very well). Ever since then when the climate control is set to "auto" and you first get in a hot truck, the fan speed goes to full blast and stays there for quite a while! Very annoying to say the least. Has anyone else experienced this or is there a new update out to address this?

Thanks!

Richard320

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
LA County, People's Republic of California
Sounds like it's working as designed.

"Auto" takes ambient temp and solar load and who knows what else into account and decides for you whether or not you need the AC on and how fast to run the blower. If you don't like that, run it manually.

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Sounds like it's working as designed.

"Auto" takes ambient temp and solar load and who knows what else into account and decides for you whether or not you need the AC on and how fast to run the blower. If you don't like that, run it manually.

Trust me, I understand that. Have auto in my Subaru and in other past vehicles. I've never had one where it runs the fan on full blast for 20+ minutes...

ColoradoCub

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It’s not supposed to do that, it’s supposed to increase speed as it senses colder air coming from the AC. If it goes to full blast it’s blowing air that isn’t even cooled yet.

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It’s not supposed to do that, it’s supposed to increase speed as it senses colder air coming from the AC. If it goes to full blast it’s blowing air that isn’t even cooled yet.

Have you had the TSB completed yet or is your build date after the TSB was applied?

parnine

Reaction score
Hi everyone, very glad to see this site is still very busy!

I took my truck in a few months back for the HVAC TSB (not cooling very well). Ever since then when the climate control is set to "auto" and you first get in a hot truck, the fan speed goes to full blast and stays there for quite a while! Very annoying to say the least. Has anyone else experienced this or is there a new update out to address this?

Thanks!

Mine, a 4/19 build, does the same thing - VERY annoying as you say. Basically I find the 'Auto' setting to be far from very good, thus useless for the function we expect it to perform. Once the Truck has reached a balance of temperature, it seems to work okay, but even then if you increase the temp you get a 'blast of hot air'. It just seems the feedback loops are not designed very well.

For me the 'Auto' on these trucks is VERY sub par to other 'Auto' AC setting in every other vehicle I've owned/driven/rode in - sub par by a wide margin.

Another strange 'feature is that the 'Auto' setting will cool the truck faster, than 'Max' setting, that in every other vehicle was actually the 'Maximum' with highest fan speed, recirculate on, and lowest temperature setting. On these truck with the 'poor AC system design', 'Auto' setting can produce higher fan speeds, and from my experience is actually the 'Max' if you are looking to cool the truck - go figure.

Reaction score
I’m seeing the same issue where the Max AC setting has a lower fan speed than Auto and doesn’t cool as fast as the Auto setting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread