5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

HVAC System Blowing TOO HOT on Occasions

baldphilly

Reaction score
I have a 2019 Ram 1500 Bighorn 3.6L V6 with dual climate controls and have intermittent issues with the heat getting too hot and I mainly notice it in the winter when I use remote start. The majority of the time I keep my climate system set to sync for the dual zones. The outside temperature will be 40 or less and my hvac would be set to 65* and blows out 85*, set to 75* and blows out 100 *, and set it to HI and it blows out 140*. The only way I can get it to blow cool air is by setting it to LO and then it blows the 40 * air from outside. I measured the temperature using an infrared thermometer. I took a video one day while it was happening and showed it to the dealership. I have taken it in for this issue 2 or 3 times and of course each time I take it in they cannot duplicate the issue and say everything is operating as it should. Does anyone know what may be the issue? Thanks! Also, I rarely use the Auto feature on my climate controls because whenever I use it it only blows air through the floor vents and I like to have the head vents blowing. Is this normal?

Brennanb82

Reaction score
Mine does this as well. I figured it was one of the many glitches this truck has.

ZombieSlayer

Reaction score
From what the dealer told me a few months back, it's going to blow hot initially until the sensors reach the programmed interior temperature. After that it should come out much closer to the desired temp.

baldphilly

Reaction score
I must have random glitches in the sensors then because when it happens my systems never starts blowing cooler air during my 35 minute drive to work.

Moe1962

Reaction score
I've noticed mine doing the same thing this winter. I didn't notice it doing it last year. I have mine set at 70, I keep a thermometer in the drivers vent and the last time I had to heat on from a cold start, not remote start and it reached 140. I just shut it off opened the window a bit and then turned it back on. It still got up to 100 and I just kept the window cracked a bit. Figured it wasn't worth the trip to the dealer, a day off work just for them to tell me they can't find anything wrong with it and it's normal.

Users who are viewing this thread