5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

HVAC Controls on 12" not working??? Workaround?

Chris3058

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ok here goes. Today for some reason my HVAC controls have stopped working. Fan speed / temp etc all work, but barely any air is blowing out of the vents -regardless of the vent setting. Nothing changes at all. Being -12 here now, I can assure you the mouse fart amount of air coming out of the defrost vent / front or floor vents is not working. I mean barely any flow.

Is there a way to reset the system or is it likely mechanical? Got an appointment for Monday morning but I'll need to try and find a workaround until then.

Cheers and thanks./

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Have you checked the cabin filter and inlet for clogging? The air filter could be dirty, or there could be a bag sucked up in there preventing airflow.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
I think you can hold the volume and tune buttons at the same time until the system reboots

Chris3058

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So it started working again normally for like 20 mins and **** the bed again. Going in the am to the stealer shop. could this be a faulty blend door / actuator issue? 05titanle - any luck with yours?

Chris3058

Ram Guru
Reaction score
And guess what. Cannot replicate. Working normally. Lmfao but they are gonna replace my rear window - tech saw a frame crack and brought it up. Must be one of the countless windows being replaced.

Users who are viewing this thread