5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hurricane longevity

MT755

Reaction score
I've read many times in this forum and others that this 3.0L, a small engine putting out that much hp can't last. I'm sure people would have said the same thing back in the 90's about the dodge 5.9L magnum engine if Dodge would increased power from 230hp in the 5.9L to 395hp and/or 470hp like we have on the hemi now. I can hear it now "that engine won't last, that's too much power for a small engine. It needs to be at least 10L to handle that much power.
The technology will continue to improve and increase.

Just my 2 cents.

Serpens

Reaction score
I agree with the sentiment of your post. I can understand the general skepticism too, although the armchair engineers are a scourge upon every Hurricane thread. Time will tell how this all pans out, but I know this engine had a long development time and there's been lots of care taken with its design.

MT755

Reaction score
What's really weird is Ford 2.7 is a great engine and the 3.5 is only average. No personal experience, only what I've read.

Users who are viewing this thread