5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hurricane Fuel Octane

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
ExxonMobil, Sonoco, BP, pretty much anywhere here in the Northern VA area. A dollar a gallon from perfectly fine 87 to overpriced 93. I have a 33 gallon tank, I don't know if the Hurricane truck will offer this.

Well, YeeeHa little doggie! We ain't all in oil country son! Some of us non-cowpoke fellas have to pay to have that distilled oil piped up to us! 😆

Well Mountain, that's a cousin, mother, sister, wife lovin shame, hooo-weee

MT755

Reaction score
Yeah this was the justifying and delusion i was talking about per usual here... Your trying way to hard and getting way to deep into it. 99% of folks on here use their trucks as intended or daily drives. None of us will use it as "best performance" meaning its max power, nearly ever. It will be slim to none, and "fuel efficiency" were talking nearly nothing or all in your head. (like most of the stigmas on this forum) I will speak from experience with the hemi like the rest of us have though.. as ive tested it and why i usually shut down this topic with people i talk to b.c welp... ive done it both ways. i drive my truck from my house to my parents house out of state, from the stop i fill up a full tank outside of my city, to the gas station down the street from my parents house, my gas light literally turns on as im rolling in and thats with 87. I did it with 91 as well, want to guess the result? bingo. gas light turned on as im rolling into the gas station. SAME exact scenario when towing my boat and all the other crap in the truck, from my house to the river i go to. i fill up at the gas station down the street from my house and land at the gas station i stop at when getting to the river with exactly a quarter tank left with 87. want to guess what the level indicator is at with 91? you guessed it again, quarter tank. Thats keeping the same fuel avg obviously AND driving the same way with both octanes... since then i have always ran 87. No point in wasting money. i am positive the Hurricanes will be the exact same thing like @Mountain Whiskey is stating.

again i do not disagree if its at MAX power, sure, but thats not a reality for most owners.

just say its what YOU do or will do. That would be better.
Did you document the temperature and wind speed on each trip? It probably will effect mpgs the most but retarding the spark to stop knock will effect efficiency. How much, I don't know. Maybe an actual engineer will speak up and help us out without telling all of us, that we're all stupid.

Mountain Whiskey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Did you document the temperature and wind speed on each trip? It probably will effect mpgs the most but retarding the spark to stop knock will effect efficiency. How much, I don't know. Maybe an actual engineer will speak up and help us out without telling all of us, that we're all stupid.
Oh Lord, don't let the engineers overcomplicate things with paper outcomes that are so miniscule the real world passes them by with no notice.

Kind of like air temperature affecting milage......

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
With it log files showing LTFT/STFT and knock retard it's all speculation

Users who are viewing this thread