5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Huge Discounts?

Mason1217

Reaction score

jk101

Reaction score
It states as much in the Disclaimer. One might as well add 7500 or so $$ back unless they're the unicorn that qualifies for them all ;)

Ramjack

Reaction score
It states as much in the Disclaimer. One might as well add 7500 or so $$ back unless they're the unicorn that qualifies for them all ;)

I'm not sure the disclaimer says that. It says: "New vehicle pricing includes all offers and incentives." In other words, you don't get to deduct additional incentives from their price. That's very different from "Not all buyers will qualify for all incentives." If you are right, then their website is very misleading.

GATORB8

Reaction score
Zeigler in Schaumburg, IL does the same thing. They are showing $13,750 off Laramies right now.

They made me come in to get a real asking price and had to argue with 4 people for a half hour to get it. Real was $6k higher than advertised.

Ramjack

Reaction score
If the fact that they have basically the EXACT same discount of differently priced (MSRP) trucks doesn't make you a little leery...

Normally, I would agree, but there are other dealers that do that.

jk101

Reaction score
I'm not sure the disclaimer says that. It says: "New vehicle pricing includes all offers and incentives." In other words, you don't get to deduct additional incentives from their price. That's very different from "Not all buyers will qualify for all incentives." If you are right, then their website is very misleading.
As I'm in the
market to get the new RAM I've reached out to them via email to get some real pricing. Will post what comes of it. I still firmly believe they're adding in every available incentive/rebate with that listed sale price. I would love to be wrong!

Tropez

Reaction score
Zeigler in Schaumburg, IL does the same thing. They are showing $13,750 off Laramies right now.

They made me come in to get a real asking price and had to argue with 4 people for a half hour to get it. Real was $6k higher than advertised.

From what I understand, lots of these "web discount prices" are just every available incentive stacked. Most of the time nobody will every qualify for every single incentive. Vetaran discount? NAACP discount? Retired and over 55 but under 60 discount? Zip code 66334 discount? Lease discount? Trade in over 10k in value discount? You get the idea, many times it's a bait and switch game to get you in the door or on the phone.

GATORB8

Reaction score
From what I understand, lots of these "web discount prices" are just every available incentive stacked. Most of the time nobody will every qualify for every single incentive. Vetaran discount? NAACP discount? Retired and over 55 but under 60 discount? Zip code 66334 discount? Lease discount? Trade in over 10k in value discount? You get the idea, many times it's a bait and switch game to get you in the door or on the phone.
I had great luck with a couple others. I researched what I qualified for and knew the exact difference.

I actually called these guys and told them which incentives I qualified for and asked them to tell me what the real ask was. Made me come in and waste a bunch of my time to confirm what I expected.

The dealer I ended up with slightly beat their online ask. Still made me play four square, though.

Mason1217

Reaction score
I had great luck with a couple others. I researched what I qualified for and knew the exact difference.

I actually called these guys and told them which incentives I qualified for and asked them to tell me what the real ask was. Made me come in and waste a bunch of my time to confirm what I expected.

The dealer I ended up with slightly beat their online ask. Still made me play four square, though.
If you went there, I assume you are in my area so I'm curious Who beat them? Parkway is closer to me but I drive out there because they have always been lower? Just wondering where you ended up?

GATORB8

Reaction score
If you went there, I assume you are in my area so I'm curious Who beat them? Parkway is closer to me but I drive out there because they have always been lower? Just wondering where you ended up?
Napleton in AH. To clarify, they beat their own online ask, not Ziegler’s.

Mason1217

Reaction score
My bad, I got lost in the threads lol, I thought you meant you went to the dealer from the OP in Richmond. I thought you went to a different dealer in my area. History with the same dealership and salesperson makes a big difference also. Someone buying their 5th car from the same guy/dealership will most likely get a better deal than a first time customer in my experience.

Stasek

Reaction score
Would you mind sharing the salesperson’s name? I’m emailing back and forth with Napleton in AH, and we’re circling around without much progress. They have a Bighorn in stock (with substantial discount), that I might be interested in, but unfortunately whoever is emailing me, won’t answer a simple question - which targeted rebates are you including in your internet price?
The ‘19 Pentastars are few and far between, so I’m playing ball... for now.

Users who are viewing this thread