5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

HUD

Viking42

Reaction score
Hi,

So most recent cars come with inbuilt Head up display (HUD)
Not in ours, so i was looking at aftermarket gear
The navdy was great but the company collapsed
the upcoming dreamscreen looks uncertain, needs cable connection to the phone, and has no ODB reading

would you have any good high end HUD suggestion for our RAM's?

chrisfuss

Reaction score
I had a HUD in my X5 and I can say that I never really used it and have never missed it since I have the RAM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rototerrier

Reaction score
Older HUD's left a lot to be desired, but some have come a long way. I've had them on several different vehicles. Latest HUD on wife's audi is very slick. Very high definition and very nice for navigation. I am jealous and definitely appreciate it when I do drive it.

Only issue I've had with any HUD systems is the horrible glare they give off for the HUD unit itself. Most of them have big surrounds that are typically of a different material and in the middle of the day you get the HUD plus horrible reflections from all the stuff around it.

Had a '14 535i that was the worst of the worst in this regard. It drove me nuts and I wished I didn't have the HUD. Glad to be done with that car.

I guess my experience would be a mixed bag. Love and hate relationship. Never had any experience with aftermarket HUD's though. Would imagine similar issues might exist if the unit's have to sit somewhere up on the dash.

grinch72

Reaction score
HUDLY looks cool but the ODBII integration is custom.

Viking42

Reaction score
Just saw that the GMC truck has an inbuilt HUD and it really looks cool, even showing when 4wheel mode is on

redbranch

Reaction score
I had a Navdy as well, and while I haven't used it since the company failed, I've heard there is some aftermarket software that will make it work.

Users who are viewing this thread