5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

HUD display issue

knightwolf007

Reaction score
Howdy folks! just picked up my new 2021 Rebel from the dealership. I got home and completely forgot about the HUD. I looked through the menu and set everything up, and i still couldnt see it. I could see the little image in the dashboard, but just wasnt on the windshield. I finally moved my head closer to the dashboard...and i could finally see it on the windshield, but my chin was basically on the steering wheel. Does this thing need to go back to the dealer to get re-aligned? or am i missing a setting. There is no way to see the HUD when sitting back in a normal seating/driving position. Any help would be appreciated!

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I don't have it, but there is a setting to move it up and down on the windshield.

2020 Bighorn Night Edition, 5.7 Hemi w/eTorque

knightwolf007

Reaction score
I don't have it, but there is a setting to move it up and down on the windshield.

2020 Bighorn Night Edition, 5.7 Hemi w/eTorque
Its not an up down issue..its a depth issue. I sit normal..cant see it, i put my chin practically on the steering wheel then i can barely see it.

ElkoNV

My dog thinks I’m cool.
Reaction score
That should be an up and down issue, it changes where it is projected on the windshield so you can see it from your normal sitting position.

knightwolf007

Reaction score
I figured it out! Kinda dumb, but my seat height was on a high setting (tall). HUD is not meant for really tall people; i had to lower my seat setting a bit and adjust the HUD setting to 1 in order to see it in a normal seating position...DERP! Thanks for your responses guys. New Ram owner, and havent had a new vehicle since 2012...so I'll probably be asking a lot of dumb ****! lol.

Last edited:

ElkoNV

My dog thinks I’m cool.
Reaction score
I figured it out! Kinda dumb, but my seat height was on a high setting (tall). HUD is not meant for really tall people; i had to lower my seat setting a bit and adjust the HUD setting to 1 in order to see it in a normal seating position...DERP! Thanks for your responses guys. New Ram owner, and havent had a new vehicle since 2012...so I'll probably be asking a lot of dumb ****! lol.
Awesome, thanks for sharing! This kind of information helps others, you are not the only one that is going to run into this.

BNeal

Reaction score
Yea, mine is cut in half most of the time unless i slump down. Can't believe nobody from the factory didn't catch that.

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yea, mine is cut in half most of the time unless i slump down. Can't believe nobody from the factory didn't catch that.
As if the hud does t have enough adjustment to actually stay in view for people with longer torsos?

broken_vet

Reaction score
As if the hud does t have enough adjustment to actually stay in view for people with longer torsos?
I'm 6'4" with a longer torso, and I don't have any problem adjusting the HUD so that I can see it. I have crappy posture, so I have the seat leaned back pretty far, which lowers the height of my mellon. If I had the seat further forward and the back straighter, then I could see it being an issue.

Users who are viewing this thread