5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

HUD AND WINDOW TINT??

Kazoo

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Getting my truck tinted tomorrow, anyone know if I tint the windshield if that will affect the HUD Display??

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I looked online and with most HUD/tint complaints being that tint makes the HUD harder to see in certain applications but you could always ask them for a piece of scrap film, and put it on the hud area and see what it does to it.

Kazoo

Reaction score
I looked online and with most HUD/tint complaints being that tint makes the HUD harder to see in certain applications but you could always ask them for a piece of scrap film, and put it on the hud area and see what it does to it.

Good point for sure!!

I never thought of that!

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Good point for sure!!

I never thought of that!
I think that would answer your questions. But honestly I think it’ll just change the color of the display. Report back with what you find find!

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Yep, this would ensure it‘s compatible for sure.

Arth

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Getting my truck tinted tomorrow, anyone know if I tint the windshield if that will affect the HUD Display??

I have 50% tint on my entire front windshield and I haven’t noticed any issues with my HUD. Been running it since October and loving it.

Kazoo

Reaction score
I have 50% tint on my entire front windshield and I haven’t noticed any issues with my HUD. Been running it since October and loving it.

Just got it done and now my locks are not working.... Remote or inside truck.. No Bueno....

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just got it done and now my locks are not working.... Remote or inside truck.. No Bueno....
None of the electronic locks are working? I really hope they didn’t get the bcm wet.

Moparian

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Tinters have to be careful, the BCM is under the dash and prone to liquid damage....a compentent tint shop would know about that and have placed something along the edge to absorb the tint spray.

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Tinters have to be careful, the BCM is under the dash and prone to liquid damage....a compentent tint shop would know about that and have placed something along the edge to absorb the tint spray.
They should’ve used a soak rope.

Kazoo

Reaction score
All good, removed BCM, opened it up, cleared out, working as intended....

Grouper

Reaction score

I'm sure the answer is a Google away but how buried is the BCM? I'm surprised you were able to remove it without much hassle?

Or am I assuming it was without much hassle?

Kazoo

Reaction score
I'm sure the answer is a Google away but how buried is the BCM? I'm surprised you were able to remove it without much hassle?

Or am I assuming it was without much hassle?

Up under dash left kick panel...

Arth

Reaction score

100% I was worried about that too but my tint guy has done my 2019 before so he was well aware. Glad everything is okay.

Kazoo

Reaction score
YOU AIN'T KIDDING!!! I WAS PISSED AND SCARED!

Swicago

Reaction score
Um, I would get in writing that the tint installer got the BCM wet, so that if it starts to act up in a year or so, they can be held liable. Just saying.

Kazoo

Reaction score
In year I am not worried about it, he's solid, it's working, I don't foresee any issues...

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Um, I would get in writing that the tint installer got the BCM wet, so that if it starts to act up in a year or so, they can be held liable. Just saying.
Great thought, but aint gonna happen. No tint installation company is going to warranty a part on a vehicle a year or so after they installed tint. Hell, I would only warranty it for a day or two at most if I was an installer and that's only because I'm nice:p I'll bet 99.99% if installers would just laugh at you.....

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Great thought, but aint gonna happen. No tint installation company is going to warranty a part on a vehicle a year or so after they installed tint. Hell, I would only warranty it for a day or two at most if I was an installer and that's only because I'm nice:p I'll bet 99.99% if installers would just laugh at you.....
I’d agree here. You take the risk to tint the windshield obviously if they ruin it insurance or out of pocket will cover it but they aren’t going to warranty something except the product they’ve installed.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread