5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hubcentric rings with aftermarket wheels?

MurphBigHorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I see. I never seen lugs that are not acorn shaped. Only 36 so must be before my time of driving and working on cars.

Rick3478

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I see. I never seen lugs that are not acorn shaped. Only 36 so must be before my time of driving and working on cars.
In the era of hubcaps, there wasn't as much need to protect threads from dirt, salt, rain, etc.

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
When I ordered my Fuel wheels, they came with a couple sets of rings. I test fit a wheel with and without the spacer, and of course it felt fine either way once the nuts were tightened. In the end I went with the rings installed, just felt like a better fit, easier to center the wheel, and less chance that I might mar the wheel when tightening the nuts

ferraiolo1

Reaction score

Lol wrong type of acorn nut.

This is what we are talking about. The acorn shape goes inward towards the wheel. Not a cap on the other end
1de92fa7c6f8b4de1b7e44f09b5574ab.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rick3478

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Lol wrong type of acorn nut.

This is what we are talking about. The acorn shape goes inward towards the wheel. Not a cap on the other end
1de92fa7c6f8b4de1b7e44f09b5574ab.jpg

Your picture has both acorn cap and tapered seat. I replied to what was actually posted, not what you thought it meant.

ferraiolo1

Reaction score
That picture does not have a acorn cap.

But You can have an open ended acorn lug nut.

The acorn is part of the seat

“Acorn Seat
Acorn Lug Nuts are designed with a standard 60-degree conical tapered seat for use on steel wheels.

Bulge Acorn Lug Nuts provide more seating surface area than a standard acorn lug nut and are commonly used for aluminum wheels without a steel insert.

Note: Bulge Acorn nuts can be used in on all applications that requires an acorn lug nut.”

So when talking about acorn nuts vs lug nuts, the Wikipedia post you made is indeed a different type.

46f69d15349797540deb73c7831b0dde.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread