5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

HU Video Player

quickjoey

Reaction score
I have a 2022 Ram 5.7 with the 12” screen and uconnect 5. I noticed there is an app that’s labeled “HU Video Player”. What is this and how do I use it?

When I click on it a white screen pops up that says HU video Player and nothing ever happens.

Last edited:

real_player

Reaction score
I have the same question. Can't find anything at all googling... Or, does anyone know another way to play videos on Uconnect?

quickjoey

Reaction score
I have the same question. Can't find anything at all googling... Or, does anyone know another way to play videos on Uconnect?
There is this product:

Unfortunately it will not work with the 2022 Rams with Uconnect 5. It only works with wires versions of Apple car play.

stevenram

Reaction score
I think it’s just a placeholder at the moment. It and the profile setup app just have the generic android logo for apps that don’t have an icon yet.

real_player

Reaction score
We need someone that can help us mod the Uconnect 5 so we can install Google Play Store. I'm almost ready to sell my Uconnect 5 and install one of the Chinese 12" replacements. At least you can do whatever you want with theirs. I would be happy to help in any way I can to get the Uconnect 5 modded. If anyone can point me in the right direction, I know how to J-Tag. :)

CRound81

Reaction score
I have a 2022 Ram 5.7 with the 12” screen and uconnect 5. I noticed there is an app that’s labeled “HU Video Player”. What is this and how do I use it?

When I click on it a white screen pops up that says HU video Player and nothing ever happens.
Ever figure this out?

Users who are viewing this thread