5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How would these look in 3 months?

kdoublep

Ram Guru
Reaction score
What do you think? Will all the black zinc will wear off quickly? They would look sweet on my black night edition even for a day :)
Screenshot_20230610_023723_Amazon Shopping.png Screenshot_20230610_024016_Amazon Shopping.png

raygun9

Reaction score
I had these on my Gen4.. rusted after 3 months. I'm also on the rust belt in MA though so you might have better luck where you are. Powerstop are the way to go if you want to have drilled/slotted with no rust IMO. Ran those for 3 years before I traded in the truck went through the salt of each winter.. not a spec of rust on em.

kdoublep

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I know it will wear on contact areas but I was hoping the hat would stay black. Wishful thinking. Guess I'll go with the Power Stops. Appreciate the comments.

kdoublep

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I painted the calipers on my ram air trans am red (all black car) and they lasted quite a while but covers are easier. I'm going all black though. I did just go with lug covers rather than nuts right now. I ordered 20 though because I wasnt paying attention. :) Guess I need 4 more.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
If you are going to paint I highly recommend G2. Brake Caliper Paints
I had this one of my cars for about 10 years, was amazing... that being said I think the RC caliper covers are easier and look better.
I'd disagree. There isn't a single caliper cover made that doesn't look like a cheap caliper cover. The RC ones make a valiant attempt though

John Galt

Reaction score
I may. Done it before. :)
Use caliper paint. It’s a high temp 2-part epoxy type paint. I had it on a set of calipers about 15 years ago on a sports car and it lasted tens of thousands of miles. I sold the car and it didn’t wear off.

some concerns: caliper paint could potentially interfere with the metal‘s ability to radiate heat (and cool). If you’re not racing or live in the mountains probably not a concern.

the paint itself is VERY permanent. I got some on my driveway and it never came out. It may come out with an angle grinder or blowtorch but that would create a different problem.

the paint will melt plastic. If you mix it in a plastic cup the cup will melt and you’ll end up with permanent paint on your driveway. Use glass.

Users who are viewing this thread