5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to unlock a truck with a dead battery?

Reaction score
So I have been through the manual and I do not see an answer... if the battery in the truck dies and the doors are locked, how do you unlock the truck to access the hood late he so that you can jump the truck? Is there a lock cylinder anywhere on the doors?

Ram 1500 Longhorn, rugged brown, 3.92, 33 gal fuel tank, 8.4 screen

TruckDriver

Ram Guru
Reaction score
generally on passive key systems there is a key cylinder hidden in the door handle or under the endcap cover - I'm checking the manual to find the graphic, I'm sure it's likely there

TruckDriver

Ram Guru
Reaction score
wait, it's not hidden right? hahaha man, it's hidden on all my other PKE cars - also maybe worth a mention the physical key is inside the key fob

Siarl Bychan 1500

Reaction score
I bet you're glad you asked here instead of going ahead and busting out a window!!
What kind of key hole was that?

:)
Gerry
Keyhole?! I'm still floored about the key inside the fob! I've had the truck for a year and every time I open the door, I mentally would ask myself, "What happens if I can't unlock it with the fob" and then the thought is gone and I'm on the road. Battery is dead because I don't drive it enough and Googled about it. Found myself here. Thanks ya'll!

Users who are viewing this thread