5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to turn off text message notifications in uconnect

vinnieloo

Reaction score
Hello all,
When i connect my android over Bluetooth i get text message notifications and the music dips out momentarily for every message. Any way to turn this off?

Thanks

DEG

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You turn it off on your phone. For IPhone you go to Settings/Notificatons/Messages and there is a toggle for "Show in CarPlay". Just toggle this off.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Hello all,
When i connect my android over Bluetooth i get text message notifications and the music dips out momentarily for every message. Any way to turn this off?

Thanks
It your phone settings, not Uconnect

DEG

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Google is your friend. You can turn off notification sounds for android auto on your phone.

vinnieloo

Reaction score
Google is your friend. You can turn off notification sounds for android auto on your phone.
But i don't believe i have wireless android auto. I am just connecting via Bluetooth for music. If i plug in with a USB cable android auto pops up, but I'm not using that.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Is it just turning off notifications? I connect using Bluetooth, no wireless android auto. Didn't really want to turn notifications off and on all the time.
You can turn off notifications specifically for Uconnect, but it has to be done on your phone. That way you still get notifications otherwise.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Is it just turning off notifications? I connect using Bluetooth, no wireless android auto. Didn't really want to turn notifications off and on all the time.
This is on my Pixel 6

Select connected devices from settings menu Screenshot_20240717-175726.png

The hit settings icon for Uconnect
Screenshot_20240717-175739.png

Then scroll down and toggle the selection for text message notification Screenshot_20240717-175747.png

Users who are viewing this thread