5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to tell if my mirror works with auto dim high beams

mahnkal

Reaction score
Hello All, How can I tell if the mirror on my truck will work with the auto dim high beams? does anyone have select settings in JSCAN to activate it? I have searched on here but cannot seem to find it!

Thank you!

skyhawk42

Reaction score
You need to turn it on on the radio under settings/mirror. Then to test, I covered the sensor on the center dash and the rear of the mirror and used a flashlight on the front of the mirror. It should turn a dark blueish color and if the side mirror(s) are equipped they will too

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Hello All, How can I tell if the mirror on my truck will work with the auto dim high beams? does anyone have select settings in JSCAN to activate it? I have searched on here but cannot seem to find it!

Thank you!
To test, cover the sensor on the front of the rear-view mirror (windshield side) completely. I used black tape. The rear-view mirror and side mirrors will go dark if equipped. Also, make sure you have the setting on.

mahnkal

Reaction score
I think I typed that poorly, my truck does not say that it has "auto dimming high beams", but I would like to add that feature. I am wondering if I need to just update the settings with JSCAN, or if I need to purchase a new mirror.i believe my mirror part number is:
68325128AA. The mirror I have does have auto dim, so it tints itself when there are lights behind me, I attached a picture of the mirror for reference if that helps

Attachments

• IMG_0092.jpeg
    IMG_0092.jpeg
    111.8 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_0094.jpeg
    IMG_0094.jpeg
    129.3 KB · Views: 24

vincentw56

Reaction score
I think I typed that poorly, my truck does not say that it has "auto dimming high beams", but I would like to add that feature. I am wondering if I need to just update the settings with JSCAN, or if I need to purchase a new mirror.i believe my mirror part number is:
68325128AA. The mirror I have does have auto dim, so it tints itself when there are lights behind me, I attached a picture of the mirror for reference if that helps
So you're wanting to add auto high beams? Then you need the new mirror with the camera in it. It isn't there by default so you need the new mirror.

mahnkal

Reaction score
Yes, thank you, I want to add the auto high beams, I just looked and the part number seems to be the same as the ones with auto high beams, all this is clear as mud and im just trying to figure out the right mirror lol!

mahnkal

Reaction score
Turns out my truck already had everything needed, just had to activate it with JSCAN. I think its crazy that RAM has all the parts in the truck, just don't turn it on.

vincentw56

Reaction score
Turns out my truck already had everything needed, just had to activate it with JSCAN. I think its crazy that RAM has all the parts in the truck, just don't turn it on.
Well, I agree, but that's how they make their money by forcing you to buy extras. Just like every single manufacturer.

Users who are viewing this thread