5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to set default audio volume or turn off radio on at startup.

apctjb

Reaction score
Would love to no have the radio blaring every time I start my truck. Is there a default volume setting or way to disable the radio auto on function?

Apologies if this is a dump question, but have not been able to figure this out on my own.

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I believe there is a selection in the Settings menu that allows you to set your radio to "off" on vehicle startup. Which vehicle/radio setup do you have?

RockYacht2020

Reaction score
You could always just turn it down before you shut the truck off
Hey, the struggle is real on this one. I wish it was an AlphaOBD setting or something. Podcasts need twice the volume of SiriusXM, so when you have it set at 18 to listen to a podcast and turn the truck off, the next time you get in Bertie Higgins is screaming at you about "Bogey and McCall" on the Yacht Rock channel (XM311). 18 is a little more Bertie than anyone needs. He's more of an 8 kind of guy. Happens to me more often than I'd like to admit.

Like...really often. 🤦‍♂️

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Here is the screen where the settings are on my 22 with UC5:
18295CA3-758F-49E0-AC4D-6B789AEE620A.jpeg

apctjb

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies; I have a 2020 Laramie with 8.4" Uconnect 4. On the UC4 and there is not a setting for Auto ON/OFF Radio that I have been able to find. So another dumb question can I upgrade the firmware on the UC from 4 to 5?

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies; I have a 2020 Laramie with 8.4" Uconnect 4. On the UC4 and there is not a setting for Auto ON/OFF Radio that I have been able to find. So another dumb question can I upgrade the firmware on the UC from 4 to 5?
No, there was a hardware change to allow UC5 to work. There have been a few trying to do an upgrade to newer radios with UC5, but not sure on the ease of that's or if they have been able to get all features working yet

Users who are viewing this thread