5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to reset the trip odometer

Bill c

Reaction score
I did that jayson , it didn’t do a thing I held it for over a min? I even tried calling the help line from the owners manual they couldn’t help,I have never had any trouble doing this with any of my other new vehicles

DeanKing

Reaction score
I did that jayson , it didn’t do a thing I held it for over a min? I even tried calling the help line from the owners manual they couldn’t help,I have never had any trouble doing this with any of my other new vehicles
Weird. Works on mine. Can you confirm your ok button works choosing a setting? There are two trips odoms. You use left right arrows to move between them. Sure you aren’t setting one and seeing the other?

Kevy

Reaction score
Weird. Works on mine. Can you confirm your ok button works choosing a setting? There are two trips odoms. You use left right arrows to move between them. Sure you aren’t setting one and seeing the other?
Mine resets, but how do you display a trip odometer on the main instrument cluster instead of the total mileage on the vehicle?

Mirrorman

Reaction score
Set the main IP screen to "Trip Info" using the up/down arrows, trip odos will be displayed (switch between them with left/right arrows), then hold the "ok" button for a few seconds.

Rhino4president

Reaction score
Did anyone have any luck with this? I have a 2019 1500 classic (SLT). Similarly, I can't find how to change even to the screen for the trip odometer, let alone set it. The buttons seem to change the speedo from Mph/Kph, but will not switch from the speed. Anyone have any luck?

Fatherof3

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Did anyone have any luck with this? I have a 2019 1500 classic (SLT). Similarly, I can't find how to change even to the screen for the trip odometer, let alone set it. The buttons seem to change the speedo from Mph/Kph, but will not switch from the speed. Anyone have any luck?
I think you use the up down arrows to get to what you want ( display on the left of the screen ) then press the right arrow button to select it . To reset I believe you just hold the right arrow down until it resets .

Kyamukun

Reaction score
How do you reset the trip odometer on a 2019 Dodge Ram 1500 limited
I have a 2019 Ram Bighorn with the 7.5” cluster. You have to make sure that Trip Info is set as one of your Favorite Menus. Go to Screen Setup, scroll to Favorites Menu and make sure the box for Trip Info is selected. Now with Trip Info as one of your Favorites just scroll to it. You can then toggle right and left between Trip A and B. Holding OK when on either will reset it.

gleonnig

Reaction score
I have a 2018 1500 SLT and have the same problem, can't reset the trip info. Although other exampled of OK buttons and such do not seem to apply on this 2018. More like the 2019 where the buttons on the steering wheel, but not way to "activate" them. All seem to be dead including the VR and Phone buttons. Have there been some software updates to result this issue of Trip Info as it seems to common problem that maybe has been addressed by Ram?

Fatherof3

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I have a 2018 1500 SLT and have the same problem, can't reset the trip info. Although other exampled of OK buttons and such do not seem to apply on this 2018. More like the 2019 where the buttons on the steering wheel, but not way to "activate" them. All seem to be dead including the VR and Phone buttons. Have there been some software updates to result this issue of Trip Info as it seems to common problem that maybe has been addressed by Ram?
Welcome to the forum . Are you saying your steering wheel buttons don't work at all ? They should work and if they don't you should take it into the deeler and get that fixed , assuming you're still under warranty .

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Could probably read owners manual. Depending on which gusge cluster you have, the options are different

gleonnig

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum . Are you saying your steering wheel buttons don't work at all ? They should work and if they don't you should take it into the deeler and get that fixed , assuming you're still under warranty .
The buttons for cruise control work. But the ones on the left side of steering wheel seem not too. On the screen with the trip info there is a constant "reset >" box. Like maybe at some point a reset was interrupted or not completed and is stuck in never-never land. I purchased this truck 3 weeks ago from a dealer, the condition seems to have been present at that time, just something I didn't notice. Had a 2001 Ram and never had any problem like this.

carloscavazos1

Reaction score
Finally figured it out. It was mentioned before but in the steering wheels control fo to settings

carloscavazos1

Reaction score
I finally figured it out. Mirrorman mentioned it but not in detail. On the steering wheel (left hand side) buttons look for SETTINGS. Then scroll and look for FAVORITES. You will see a list of options and look for TRIP. Check the box and go back. Along with the other settings you will now see TRIP and there is an A and B that show miles and time. Hope this helps

Users who are viewing this thread