5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

HOW to remove the chrome from Laramie wheel?

cjcollas

Reaction score
Hey guys, just got my first Ram 1500 last week. Does anyone happen to know if it is possible to remove the chrome abs plastic piece from my 20" Laramie wheels? I am really not a fan of Chrome and am hoping I can take those pieces off and either leave them off or possibly refinish them gunmetal. If I can't remove the chrome I'm probably going to sell them for some 18's. If anyone is interested they have 275/55/20 Falken wildpeak AT on them with only 400 miles. Thanks for the help.

Attachments

• IMG_0630.jpg
    IMG_0630.jpg
    238.8 KB · Views: 130

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
As far as I am aware you are not able to safely remove them. Maybe post where you are located as there may be folks who would readily swap for those. :)

Eltaco

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I removed mine by swapping on some Rebel takeoffs

I have no idea how you’d remove the chrome bits. Seemed like they were secured pretty well.

0b2b83ff39aea2f47eb5a61c81655a07.jpg

Badmonkey

Reaction score
Well one thing is for sure, they do not look to bad with them off. I am trying figure out how to remove them as well. Here is a pic from ebay i found in black chrome without them. I may just do it. One way or another i will probably sell and get factory 22s or after market 20s s-l300.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread