5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to remove my head print from headrest

gpbst3

Reaction score
apparently my greasy bald head has left a mark on my headrest. I tried some mcguires leather cleaner with no luck. Is there anything else I can use?
980589B9-8788-4186-B196-0CCD97ED8052.jpeg

NorthStar

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Dad has that problem on his 2014 Ram. He said it was the “Miracle Gro” he was rubbing on his bald head in hope he would regain some lost hair. He always laughed when he’d explain it was a double failure as Ram denied his claim of faulty leather and the “Miracle Gro” never worked.

Rlaf75

Takes potshots
Reaction score
I do think I ever owned a vehicle where my head actually ever touched the head rest. If leather cleaner didnt wont work you may have to replace it or put a cover over it

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
This reminds me of the movie “Coming to America” with the Soul Glow family. Let me know what you come up with- I have the same problem on my gym equipment and I haven’t figured it out yet.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
apparently my greasy bald head has left a mark on my headrest. I tried some mcguires leather cleaner with no luck. Is there anything else I can use?
View attachment 107966
Try an all purpose cleaner (APC) or diluted SimpleGreen followed with a damp microfiber towel. That may work.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Try an all purpose cleaner (APC) or diluted SimpleGreen followed with a damp microfiber towel. That may work.
Simple green regular and HD will not work on vinyl (from my gym equipment example) and has a potential to cause premature leather failure. This is a special case with the headrest. It will have to be leather friendly for this type of leather.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Simple green regular and HD will not work on vinyl (from my gym equipment example) and has a potential to cause premature leather failure. This is a special case with the headrest. It will have to be leather friendly for this type of leather.
Been using APC on leather for years an all my vehicles. It will not hurt it, as the leather has a clear coat on it. Just follow with a damp microfiber to neutralize it since it they’re usually alkaline based.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Been using APC on leather for years an all my vehicles. It will not hurt it, as the leather has a clear coat on it. Just follow with a damp microfiber to neutralize it since it they’re usually alkaline based.
I understand what you’re saying, and applaud your good luck. However, all leather is not created equal.

Example: My Land Cruiser is in the shop right now, but when I get it back, I will post a picture of the leather failure from me using simple green on it. The seats have less than 5000 miles of butt time (and garage kept/ driven once a month) in them and are cracking right where I cleaned the driver’s seat with diluted simple green and neutralizing it after.

It’s probably not the simple greens fault, but that’s the point. It’s better to be safe than sorry with leather because you don’t truly know until a while after a mistake is made.

Last edited:

TNRamGuy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
View attachment 107966
Make a paste with corn starch and water (toothpaste consistency) spread on cue-ball stain, cover with a damp cotton towel, allowing to dry completely. 8-10 hours probably. Corn starch should draw oil out and towel should improve wicking. This was what the janitor used to do in my board room, even worked on 'flat top wax' that my jar head buddy used.

NorthStar

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Rub your head on the whole thing, and every other inch of leather in the truck. it will all match and no one will be the wiser. just be careful when exiting so you don't slide right out of the truck.
And please post the video of the “application process” on YouTube - you’ll be a millionaire in no time! 😉😂😂

gpbst3

Reaction score
Rub your head on the whole thing, and every other inch of leather in the truck. it will all match and no one will be the wiser. just be careful when exiting so you don't slide right out of the truck.
Never thought of this. I could just lean to the left. Problem solved!

Seriously though. Instead of trying to remove it, I could try to shine it up to match.

Rototerrier

Reaction score
This is exactly why I don't purchase used vehicles.

If you can't get it out, I'd suggest moving your head around to different positions to grime up the remainder of the clean areas to match.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
If you truly need a good answer to this, you could offer to pay a detailer $20 to answer your question.

Vinnie.

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Seriously though. Instead of trying to remove it, I could try to shine it up to match.
that's more or less what I was getting at... just thought it would be a hilarious solution

TNRamGuy

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Does your head provide uv protection? I would like some bald guy head polish in a semi-gloss for my dash! Oh, crap, I need to patent this.

Mountain Whiskey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Hit that head rest with some tire shine and it will just blend away.

Users who are viewing this thread