5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to remove black trim from roof seams to verify proper sealing.

Mike 67

Reaction score
Recently picked up a '19 Bighorn with just under 4k miles. Going over everything I found evidence of a water leak above the rear window. Also looks like there is a small stain on the headliner. I sealed the 3rd brake light and replaced the plastic washers on those screws with rubber washers.
I would also like to check under the black trim over the roof seams. Anyone remove them?
Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_5963.PNG
    IMG_5963.PNG
    615 KB · Views: 62

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
It's still covered under the bumper to bumper warranty. Sounds you are like me, a DIY person who rather do it himself, but I would have the dealer inspect it in case it's a much more expensive or involved issue.

Mike 67

Reaction score
Removed the 3rd brake light and found what looks like a dried rusty drip. Hoping that is where the water came in. I applied some dielectric grease around the gasket and also replaced the plastic washers for rubber ones under the 4 screws that hold the light assy on.
While the light was off I used a small shop mirror to check the shark fin antenna for any signs of leakage and or looseness. Looked perfect to me.
Hoping there's no more issues.

Users who are viewing this thread