5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to put in neutral with no battery power or without the transfer case neutral

6spdg37s

Reaction score
asking for multiple reasons, first being Im fat and the lift at my shop is narrow and last night I had to climb out the window.

2nd- I do police towing , if we get a wrecked ram with the battery cable cut (police/fire) how can I put it in nuetral ?

3rd- to roll it in and out of my shop in general

I looked it up and searched and I found the 18 model year where you can do it (just towed one the other day like that) cant find for the 19'

Mason1217

Reaction score
How is this strap different from the little pinhole button by the shifter? Does the little tiny button only work when vehicle has battery power?

6spdg37s

Reaction score
How is this strap different from the little pinhole button by the shifter? Does the little tiny button only work when vehicle has battery power?

ya because it electrically disengages the transfer case.

the handle is for no battery power (dead battery, accident, etc)

6spdg37s

Reaction score
i watched the guy at the car wash today and he said to put the seatbelt on then you can move the car in drive with the door open and put it in neutral supposidly (how it goes thru on the conveirbelt thingy *)

Users who are viewing this thread