5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to properly jack up my 5th gen RAM (with floor jack) ?

SimmZ

Reaction score
Please don't judge, but this is my first truck and I want to install my winter tires/rims soon and I am wondering where should I jack up my brand new 5th gen with a floor jack (I have the Torin 3T from Costco). According to the owner manual, for the rear end you have to jack up on the rear axle (near of the wheel) and on front you should have a jack "mark" on the front lower control arm, but I don't see nothing of a mark here and maybe the jack process is different with a floor jack than the small scissor jack?

Since I am a "visual" person, I tried to find some video on YouTube, but without success, but I still found some old "generic" how-to video on how to jack a pickup truck and they indicated to jack pretty much anywhere on the frame rail for the front and pretty much anywhere on the rear axle for the rear. It's that simple?

Thanks!

Here's my jack (for reference) :
IMG_0581.jpeg

Jofu

Reaction score
Hey there! Actually someone recently posted a video on how to replace a tire, here:

That should cover what you need I think (y)

Geoff

Users who are viewing this thread