5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to prep bed before line-x spray in liner

t76turbo

Reaction score
I got my 19 Laramie 1500 a couple weeks ago and love it. I going to get the bed sprayed tomorrow with Line-x premium but I wanted to ask what you folks would suggest doing as far as the plastic plugs in the bed?

I don’t have the bed lights now but MAY add them down the line. Also read some threads about people upgrading to the 33 gallon fuel tank and that they had to gain access to something (I assume bolts) through the 2 plastic plugs on the floor of the bed on the drivers side. I also MAY put in the 33 gallon tank one day but it is less likely.
I know you can cut the plugs out in the future but not sure how that would look and once you cut into the liner I would guess it could lead to peeling etc.

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I got my 19 Laramie 1500 a couple weeks ago and love it. I going to get the bed sprayed tomorrow with Line-x premium but I wanted to ask what you folks would suggest doing as far as the plastic plugs in the bed?

I don’t have the bed lights now but MAY add them down the line. Also read some threads about people upgrading to the 33 gallon fuel tank and that they had to gain access to something (I assume bolts) through the 2 plastic plugs on the floor of the bed on the drivers side. I also MAY put in the 33 gallon tank one day but it is less likely.
I know you can cut the plugs out in the future but not sure how that would look and once you cut into the liner I would guess it could lead to peeling etc.
The line x will also effect the hexagon holes for the bed rails if not already installed and think you may install the rails later. Unfortunately, I have no experience with line x and have no recommendations.

MFALRAM

Reaction score

I took all my plastic plugs out. My friend did mine who owns a body shop I helped some what. A6903E1E-3457-4AAB-83DF-7B72A7E30317.jpeg 63AC0549-20E2-4F8C-94FF-F1F810B6C5D6.jpeg 63C93790-D0FD-4060-A06A-CB32CF1F61CE.jpeg FCAB4845-5070-4009-A81C-7081E7BFCC7B.jpeg E942DC71-7186-4DE7-B247-96B2F85A042F.jpeg

t76turbo

Reaction score
If you take all the plugs out and they spray, can the plugs be put back in or do they need to tape off the area where the plug will sit against the bed surface?

MFALRAM

Reaction score
If you take all the plugs out and they spray, can the plugs be put back in or do they need to tape off the area where the plug will sit against the bed surface?
I was able to put them back in just a bit tighter. I also had the bed rails just covered them up with tape. If you’re worried about the hexagon holes put tape over them so they don’t get coated so if you go with rails it’s not a problem

U

User_21361

I was able to put them back in just a bit tighter. I also had the bed rails just covered them up with tape. If you’re worried about the hexagon holes put tape over them so they don’t get coated so if you go with rails it’s not a problem
You can just run a razor blade over the hex holes if you get the kit. Took me 10 min to scrape the excess off and the kit mounted easily. Just don't drill them out as the inserts won't tighten correctly

Users who are viewing this thread