5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to lowring on air ride suspension

Bpebler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Man, it just couldn’t be easy to order one & bolt on. I don’t think I have the patience or skill to do something like that. From what I can see on the side it looks like it was well done! Have any more pics? It would be awesome if you did a write up & posted it to the modifications thread!

1LowTrk

Reaction score
Flufdk, I got a question for you.

Just changed out the rear shocks of my own truck thinking that they were bottoming out after I’ve added revel links. Unfortunately, I’m still bottoming out on something. Do you have any idea what would cause the truck to bottom out? So far I’ve cut out the bump stops down to the frame and change out the shocks to qa1 TD902’s. I don’t find anything damaged or showing signs of anything banging together. Do you think it’s maybe the rear bags?

Attachments

• 9B5D0BA4-10CB-419D-881B-740DD0A5003B.jpeg
    9B5D0BA4-10CB-419D-881B-740DD0A5003B.jpeg
    106.2 KB · Views: 33
  • D0248E78-DDF6-4E6D-9A91-BABA7FCC30D2.jpeg
    D0248E78-DDF6-4E6D-9A91-BABA7FCC30D2.jpeg
    85.8 KB · Views: 33
  • F206E734-852C-474E-9EA2-E082C1E689BC.jpeg
    F206E734-852C-474E-9EA2-E082C1E689BC.jpeg
    108.1 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:

Flufdk

Reaction score
Flufdk, I got a question for you.

Just changed out the rear shocks of my own truck thinking that they were bottoming out after I’ve added revel links. Unfortunately, I’m still bottoming out on something. Do you have any idea what would cause the truck to bottom out? So far I’ve cut out the bump stops down to the frame and change out the shocks to qa1 TD902’s. I don’t find anything damaged or showing signs of anything banging together. Do you think it’s maybe the rear bags?

I have removed all the bump stop

If you use the stock airbag the will bottom out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1LowTrk

Reaction score
I have removed all the bump stop
emoji3060.png

If you use the stock airbag the will bottom out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Did you try to add a image or something on your last post? I’m seeing a “image denied” icon.

Thanks for your reply. I’ve been working on the rear and discovered that it’s the rear bags bottoming out like you said.

I’m very interested in purchasing those mounts for the top and bottom of the rear bag if your willing to make another set.

I don’t have a 3D printer or else I would make some.

Thanks again for your help. You have a great looking truck.

By the way, found your running board project on YouTube. That’s a great idea, adding a side skirt to the deployable running boards. I went ahead and subscribe to your channel.

Last edited:

ZParks

Reaction score
Update Sep. 2023 and 82.000 miles later.

Yes I did it :)

I manage to drop my RAM 4/6" with air ride, and it is so much that you can not have your fingers between the tire and inner fender, and it still have the same driving comfort as OEM air suspension. I do not know how much weight it can handle now, but I have not had a problem it could not handle yet.

If you only want to level the rear suspension, is my recommendation to make 1, 2, 3, 7 and 9.

It is at my own risk to use my guide and I am just a ordinary man with lot of ideas in my head. And remember this is not a walk in the park, but requires you to know what you are doing.

Front:
Update:

I have replaced the IHC control arm with Belltech drop spindles and it is 200% better. Everything is like factory, just lower :love:

Here I have only used lower control arm from IHC suspension. + adjustable links. There is no link at IHC some you have to call or whrite to Johnny Link to IHC
And get a proff to align the front wheels.

Rear:
Now it gets very nerdy and difficult.

1. Here I have made my own air supension, where I have 3D printed top & bottom, which I have placed the files at Thingiverse. Between the 3D printed part I have bolted Firestone 9000 air suspension bags. I am happy to help with it, but it is at my own risk to use my parts. (see picture below) Guide to replace the air suspension with ALFAOBD Air spring replacement.

2. Firestone 9000 air suspension bags. Link to eBay And Connect Tube Fitting

3. Shock is switch with MaxTrac 4 "Drop Rear Shock. Link to Maxtrac

4. Control arms are move 7 " down with IHC suspension cut kit. Link to IHC

5. Sway bar links change with IHC suspension. Link to IHC

6. Trac bar bracket also shift with IHC suspension. I unfortunately ordede it for gen 4, but I fixed it by extending it. Link to IHC Gen 4!!!!

7. Bumpstop completely away.

8. Core4x4 Tier 3 adjustable control arms - rear set to correct the angle the driveshaft correctly. Link to Core4x4

9. Raising the gearbox. More photos coming soon.

10. Adjustable links. Link to Revel Performance

Picture at entry/exit mode, on a beach in Denmark.
View attachment 108718

View attachment 108720
View attachment 108721
View attachment 108722
View attachment 108724
Any clue if those Firestone 9k air bladders will be too short if I’m only doing a 2/4 lower? If not do those Firestone airbags use the oem air fitting to connect to the factory air lines?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread