5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to level with Mopar lift?

RAudiJ

Reaction score
So, I am new to Ram trucks, but no stranger modifying vehicles. I am replacing a Toyota Tacoma TRD Off-Road that had a 1-½" lift and 33" 265 width Wrangler Dura-Trac tires. I have ordered a 2021 Ram 1500 Crew Cab ORP truck with the MOPAR 2" Suspension Lift Kit. The purpose of this truck will be used to haul snowmobiles, in the bed, up a narrow winding shelf road that is snowy and frozen in the morning, and muddy in the sun in the late afternoon. Since part of this road is at the freeze/thaw line, tall narrow Severe Rated Dura-Tracs have been the best all around tire. Ground clearance and a an E-locker help a lot as well. Hoping I can run 35" tires (Max 9" tread width) with the MOPAR suspension. I have been reading the many posts about the inconsistencies in leveling.

Questions:
1. Is the Front MOPAR lift enough to clear a 285/75R18s on stock wheels without rubbing. Should I consider Wulf .5" spacers, or a 275 width tire? Where is the most common place they rub.
2. I won't be carrying more than 500lbs. in the bed. I want fairly even rake. How much lift should I use in the rear? I can machine spacers to whatever length I need. I would like about 1" of rake unloaded, level loaded with 500lbs.
3. Are the FOX shocks the same stroke as the ORP shock. Say I raise the rear 1", which shock should I use? From reading the MOPAR instructions, travel seems to be limited by the new bumper pad. So it does not look like there is a gain in rear suspension travel. Can I leave the bumper pad out with, say with a 1' lift, or will bigger tires hit the top of the fender liners?

Any other suggestions will be appreciated.
Thanks,
John

GrayRam20

Reaction score
Here's the link to the Wulf 1.5" spacers. They're for the 13-18 rams but they still fit and do actually lift 1.5".

Tires are 295/60/20 Nitto Ridge Grapplers.
So these will work on the mopar UCAs? also have already purchased the same tires, what size spacers should i be looking into?

Thanks again for any help. just dont want issues and dont want to have to take it apart after the kit is installed. one and done kinda thing.

Txy

Reaction score
So these will work on the mopar UCAs? also have already purchased the same tires, what size spacers should i be looking into?

Thanks again for any help. just dont want issues and dont want to have to take it apart after the kit is installed. one and done kinda thing.
I wouldn't recommend keeping the Mopar UCA's with the 1.5" spacer added. The travel isn't there and they're still made of plastic. I could see that thing snapping around the ball joint area especially with bigger tires. That's why I bought the rough country UCA's. Going this route ends up being a little cheaper than buying the readylift 2 inch level that comes with UCA's and you won't be taking the chance of being higher up front or stressing the cv angles as much.

For the wheel spacers I got 1.5" hubcentric, but you don't need that much. I think .25" would be enough to clear the UCA's if you have stock spec 20" wheels

Last edited:

GrayRam20

Reaction score
I wouldn't recommend keeping the Mopar UCA's with the 1.5" spacer added. The travel isn't there and they're still made of plastic. I could see that thing snapping around the ball joint area especially with bigger tires. That's why I bought the rough country UCA's. Going this route ends up being a little cheaper than buying the readylift 2 inch level that comes with UCA's and you won't be taking the chance of being higher up front or stressing the cv angles as much.

For the wheel spacers I got 1.5" hubcentric, but you don't need that much. I think .25" would be enough to clear the UCA's if you have stock spec 20" wheels
Thanks Txy I appreciate the information. Looking forward to having it all proper.

AlbertaRam

Reaction score
I added a wulf 1.5" top spacer and Rough countrys forged upper control arms to my mopar 2" lift. Leveled it out and rides a lot smoother than before. Also found out that my tires were rubbing the UCA's when I went to install wheel spacers. Wheel spacer fixed that. View attachment 72591 View attachment 72592
Did you install the Wulf inside the spring assembly or between the spring and the mount? (yeah I know its a weird question but I don't want to bust the springs open if I don't have to)

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/