5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to level with Mopar lift?

Reaction score
I had the Mopar 2in lift installed and still have about a 2in ride height difference from front to back.

I tried the ORP springs but they did not level the truck and I hated the way it rode.

I tried to have the Motofab leveling kit installed but it would not fit with the Mopar lift. The UCA's would not allow it.

Are there any other options to level the truck without removing the lift?

Reaction score
Meaning, you installed only front ORP springs in an attempt to level after installing the Mopar 2" lift?
Correct. I would not think that having mismatched springs front to back would be good but there are several people that stated they have done so in this thread and stated that ride was good. I did not have the same experience. The ride was horrible.

Pyleketerson

Reaction score
I can’t express enough the value of going through a local shop that does lifts. They are your gold mine. The forum is helpful but you really need to sit down with your trusted shop and go through the options to get what you want.

Detritivores

Reaction score
I know some guys have done it. No negatives as far as I'm aware. The mopar lift includes upgraded shocks and upper control arms so you will have much better performance than just a $65 motofab leveling puck.

GrayRam20

Reaction score

doesnt look like it still has original rack..... could tires make the differance......keep in mind im new to this.

I just ordered a mopar 2" lift kit and if it still has that much rack, i dont think i want it....... why not just put the level kit in....?

$ 1,297.00 for 2" LIFT n still have that much rack .... IDK

Reaction score

doesnt look like it still has original rack..... could tires make the differance......keep in mind im new to this.

I just ordered a mopar 2" lift kit and if it still has that much rack, i dont think i want it....... why not just put the level kit in....?

$ 1,297.00 for 2" LIFT n still have that much rack .... IDK
That looks much better than mine. However, I have not done my wheels and tires yet.

I tried to have the Motofab level installed and it would not fit. The UCA would crush the brake line according to the local 4x4 shop that tried to install it.

Just my humble opinion: If I had it to do over again I would not go with the Mopar lift.

GrayRam20

Reaction score
That looks much better than mine. However, I have not done my wheels and tires yet.

I tried to have the Motofab level installed and it would not fit. The UCA would crush the brake line according to the local 4x4 shop that tried to install it.

Just my humble opinion: If I had it to do over again I would not go with the Mopar lift.
Do you have any pics of what yours turned out like?

Txy

Reaction score
I added a wulf 1.5" top spacer and Rough countrys forged upper control arms to my mopar 2" lift. Leveled it out and rides a lot smoother than before. Also found out that my tires were rubbing the UCA's when I went to install wheel spacers. Wheel spacer fixed that. 20201013_111252.jpg 20201012_120553.jpg

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
You are kinda stuck if you keep the rear lift. The Mopar Lift kit is designed to lift the front and rear end equally, however you need about 2.5" of additional lift to the front to completely level, which means the ORP springs would only help a little.

Plus the Mopar front lift is using spring spacers which preloads the spring making the ride harsher. They state on the kit not for Rebels/ORP equipped trucks probably because it will increase the height more than acceptable for suspension angles while hashing the ride even further.

Increasing the height of the front by adding a top hat spacer (similar to the Readylift 3.5" front kit) would come close to level but really pushing the limits of that front suspension angles, even with aftermarket UCAs. Removing the rear spring spacers is a cheaper/easier alternative. But I do like how Txy's truck looks I must say.

Last edited:

FancyBear

Reaction score
I added a wulf 1.5" top spacer and Rough countrys forged upper control arms to my mopar 2" lift. Leveled it out and rides a lot smoother than before. Also found out that my tires were rubbing the UCA's when I went to install wheel spacers. Wheel spacer fixed that. View attachment 72591 View attachment 72592
Where did you find a 1.5" spacer for our trucks, i don't see one for model year 19+ on their site?

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
They are marketed as still being 2" spacers. However there are a few that are only 1.5" to 1.75" instead. I believe the Wulf spacer is one of them as well as the Rough Country and Readylift top hats. They are just barely big enough to cover the factory top hat studs.

GrayRam20

Reaction score
I added a wulf 1.5" top spacer and Rough countrys forged upper control arms to my mopar 2" lift. Leveled it out and rides a lot smoother than before. Also found out that my tires were rubbing the UCA's when I went to install wheel spacers. Wheel spacer fixed that. View attachment 72591 View attachment 72592
Looks nice, what size tires ? What size spacers? I'm trying to just get everything done at once, the UCA from Rough Country is to make up for 1.5" spacer? Think Im going to bring my ksp 2'' spacers and see if they will work with the mopar lift......if not then ill ride it how it is on the mopar kit for a bit.

Last edited:

Txy

Reaction score
Here's the link to the Wulf 1.5" spacers. They're for the 13-18 rams but they still fit and do actually lift 1.5".

Tires are 295/60/20 Nitto Ridge Grapplers.

Users who are viewing this thread