5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to keep the other occupants devices separate

O Captain My Captian

Reaction score
Looking for a solution to a problem (for me) I have not seen on any other thread.
With a family of 5, everyone seems to need to have their electronic device plugged in which creates havoc because they then can't listen to their device without it playing through the UConnect system; this happens even when they try to use headphones with their devices. Short of buying a brick to plug into the power outlet in the rear passenger area, is there anyway to get the devices plugged into # '2' and '3' ports, working with sound on the device only, without it playing through the truck's speakers?

Taking turns listening is not an option with this family.

djjr50

Reaction score
I believe you can go into Uconnect and specify which devices can play audio, but I think it might be mainly for device mirroring. Might be worth the try. I limited it to the front two ports for audio and Android Auto/device mirroring.

BTS Warrior

Reaction score
I keep a couple of 110 chargers with multiple ports in the console. I wasn't aware that you could get "charge only" cables though. I will be going that route from now on.

Users who are viewing this thread