5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to install OEM Silver Rails

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Does anyone have the manual on how to install Silver rails?

I swapped my black rails out and installed the silver ones but it didn't come with a weatherseal built in like the black ones.
I put in a foam seal claiming to be waterproof and water pours in when it rains or I hose it down.

I can find 0 information about the silver rails, no install guide and no additional parts that should of been ordered with it.

What are people using to seal their silver rails? What is OEM between the rails and the ram box bed?

Denali

Reaction score
I'd like to know about a good seal between the rails and the bed as well.

RBJ

Reaction score
I too would like to know about a weather seal between the OEM silver rails and the truck bed to prevent leaks into the truck bed. Thanks

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I ended up finding 3 solutions I used that appear to of made it watertight.
1 foam weather seal
1 silicone seal
some silicone caulk in a few spots

Cover itself still leaks but very minor but i'm still determine if it's because of the way the silver rail fits or the cover itself.
It's water tight when i spray the hose on it with decent pressure, but today the rain got through a little in the middle and on some spots on the sides in the middle.

I'm using a Gatortrax\Retrax retractable bed cover for reference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/