5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to go back and forth in preset channels

Mike S

Reaction score
Would like to know how to navigate up and down preset channels. The center button on the steering wheel trigger moves to next pre-set channel, but how can you navigate back to previous pre-set channel? Up and down trigger buttons just navigate to next channel, not next preset. Does anyone know how to navigate both up and down preset channels?

Goatmann

Ram Guru
Reaction score
only up with the left steering wheel button. FCA did not include a down preset function from steering wheel controls.

I sometimes use the voice command feature to select the preset number.

davidn0021

Reaction score
only up with the left steering wheel button. FCA did not include a down preset function from steering wheel controls.

Really? Down works for me...

cjmst23

Reaction score
Up and down work for channels, but only the center button works (up) for presets

grinch72

Reaction score

Down works fine for me!

Electrical

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Do we have trucks that function differently? For you guys that say DOWN works for presets... please double check. Try setting two presets that have many channels in between.

The system in my Durango functions as the other guys are saying... the UP and DOWN buttons are simply for finding the next channel, whether it is stored as a preset or not. The CENTER button is the only one that works for presets... and it only goes the the next higher preset; not lower.

omalley72

Reaction score
The center button on the left control will only operate the up preset selection on mine. It's pretty annoying that it only does one way

MattF

Reaction score
Only up for me with regard to navigating the presets...

Matt

Boozygoose

Reaction score
Do we have trucks that function differently? For you guys that say DOWN works for presets... please double check. Try setting two presets that have many channels in between.

The system in my Durango functions as the other guys are saying... the UP and DOWN buttons are simply for finding the next channel, whether it is stored as a preset or not. The CENTER button is the only one that works for presets... and it only goes the the next higher preset; not lower.

My Ram 12" and Jeep GC 8.4" function as written above by Electrical.

HotStuff

Reaction score
Left center button only goes to the next UP preset channel for me too. I just usually hit the channel up button, then hit the center preset button again and it'll start back at the 1st preset. Just starting the sequence over again.

Last edited:

Electrical

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Left center button only goes to the next UP preset channel for me too. I just usually hot the channel up button, then hit the center preset button again and it'll start back at the 1st preset. Just starting the sequence over again.

That's the missing piece right there. It's not as good as going up and down presets, but being able to get to preset #1 from anywhere is better than nothing I guess.

Rich

Reaction score
If you keep pressing the change preset button on the back of the steering wheel, it will cycle past each station preset until it reaches #12 and then it will go past #12 to land on #1 again.

Pressing the up button and then the preset button again doesn't always take you to preset #1, it depends on the frequency order of the stations you have set into each preset, so if it doesn't work for you, try pressing down and then the preset surfing button again.

RockJock

Reaction score
I always thought they should have flipped the functions of the 2 buttons. Channel seek forward/back should be preset forward/back and the middle button should be just channel seek forward. The buttons were set up the same way in my 2015 Grand Cherokee.

Users who are viewing this thread