5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to Get the Best Price on Your New Ram

Egret

Reaction score
Thanks for all the great info on this post- I'm looking to purchase my first RAM 1500 as soon as I can find a great deal, and this thread has been super helpful.

Are people's experience here only with building/ordering a new truck from the factory, or are these discounts also available to be negotiated with inventory at the dealer?

Also, does anybody have a update on a recent discount off MSRP? The last I've seen is 23% - 24% in June/2023... and I image discounts may have got even better since then.

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Thanks for all the great info on this post- I'm looking to purchase my first RAM 1500 as soon as I can find a great deal, and this thread has been super helpful.

Are people's experience here only with building/ordering a new truck from the factory, or are these discounts also available to be negotiated with inventory at the dealer?

Also, does anybody have a update on a recent discount off MSRP? The last I've seen is 23% - 24% in June/2023... and I image discounts may have got even better since then.
Mark Dodge has pretty much the same deals on in stock vehicles. Not quite as good as ordering, because they have to pay on every vehicle on the lot. If you order, they get that money right away, to pay for them, so give a little more discount. Just call them. Talk to Charles. Tell him you were told to talk to the 6'-3" guy. it's sort of an inside joke.

6of36

Reaction score
I talked to Charles yesterday, and told him, anyone asking for the 6'-3" guy named Charles, was one of my referrals. As you can see in the picture, he's more like 5'-6".

Attachments

• Charles Davis.jpg
    Charles Davis.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 18

Silent Bob

Reaction score
I am buying another truck so I may be updating this for the first time since 2022. Any good new information I should add?

PetePA

Reaction score
Thanks for bumping this thread. I have a couple questions:

The company I work for is an FCA Affiliate (fleet). Does this do anything for me as an individual buyer of a new 2025?

If the answer to the above question is yes, is that in addition to the Tread Lightly discount of 1% off invoice?

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I am buying another truck so I may be updating this for the first time since 2022. Any good new information I should add?
Thanks for the awesome post, it used it back in the end of 2021 to get an awesome deal on my 22.
TBH it seems like it's really just going from the few volume dealerships like Mark Dodge and seeing what can stack.
Things like FCA Affiliate 1% under discount get refused from local dealerships around me, and with other dealerships they sometimes take an extra 1% off from what they have given you which is under 1% under invoice anyways (I believe mine was a flat $500 off with the Affiliate code at the time early 2022 for pickup).

Also looking around and sending out bulk emails to dealerships saved me a bunch of time and BS, but I think it's better to start with a quote from Mark Dodge and go from there

The company I work for is an FCA Affiliate (fleet). Does this do anything for me as an individual buyer of a new 2025?

If the answer to the above question is yes, is that in addition to the Tread Lightly discount of 1% off invoice?
The Tread Lightly discount is the same you get an an FCA Affiliate.
This is the website you would log onto to get your code for the discount

6of36

Reaction score

When I got mine, they said affiliate can't be stacked. Tread lightly is an affiliate. Mark dodge gave me a price better than actual employee price. Having friends and family, local, they wanted $6,000 more than MD.

Users who are viewing this thread