5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to get Nav on a non-Nav UConnect system

Winshooter

Reaction score
Is there a way to get Nav on my 2019 Laramie 2500 without going through the dealer?

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I do not know about a 2500 but it has been discussed on the forum about the 1500 and they are two different radios and can not be upgraded with navigation.

conesmacker

Reaction score
If you've got a '19 2500 Laramie, I think it came with the Uconnect 4 screen, which is the 8.4" screen right?

It came with Android Auto (and Carplay, but I'm not an Apple guy), so you could use a usb sync & charge cable, run Android auto on the phone, and it would show google maps, navigation,. and traffic on the Uconnect screen. That's what I do, and I'm satisfied with Android Auto. All Android Auto compatible apps also show up on the 8.4" screen.

Alternately, you could look at https://www.infotainment.com/collections/all/2019-ram-2500, which is listing both the "Uconnect 4c Nav" upgrade for $2700, and the 12" screen for a bunch more. Both of those options mean replacing the Uconnect 4 in the dash. I've not used them, and I'm not a shill for them - but I think a few on this board are happy with upgrades from them.

Winshooter

Reaction score
If you've got a '19 2500 Laramie, I think it came with the Uconnect 4 screen, which is the 8.4" screen right?

It came with Android Auto (and Carplay, but I'm not an Apple guy), so you could use a usb sync & charge cable, run Android auto on the phone, and it would show google maps, navigation,. and traffic on the Uconnect screen. That's what I do, and I'm satisfied with Android Auto. All Android Auto compatible apps also show up on the 8.4" screen.

Alternately, you could look at https://www.infotainment.com/collections/all/2019-ram-2500, which is listing both the "Uconnect 4c Nav" upgrade for $2700, and the 12" screen for a bunch more. Both of those options mean replacing the Uconnect 4 in the dash. I've not used them, and I'm not a shill for them - but I think a few on this board are happy with upgrades from them.
Thanks for the response. I use Apple CarPlay and it provides all the navigation I need. I was looking at the upgrade to utilize some of the other features that UConnect provides. I know there’s a software upgrade that would give me the features without the hardware installation you refer to that comes from Ram and would be dealer installed. I thought maybe there was a hack available that would save me going to the dealer (and without the expense).

Users who are viewing this thread