5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to erase preset radio channels

Jayman

Reaction score
Just got my truck two days ago and am having a hard time figuring out how to clear the preset radio stations. I only listen to about 6 stations and I’m used to just using the steering wheel controls to cycle through them. My new truck has all 12 presets set so instead of just cycling through my 6 favorite channels I have to go through all 12 to get back to the first one again.

Jayman

Reaction score
Lol. Yeah that would work too. I guess I was just over thinking the situation here. In my old truck with the 8.4 screen you could erase them but it was kind of difficult to find where to do it. I just didn’t know if I was missing where that menu was in the new 12” but your method would do the same for me. Thanks.

grinch72

Reaction score
The dealer can clear them. They cleared them all for me.

turboramjet

Reaction score
Just got my truck two days ago and am having a hard time figuring out how to clear the preset radio stations. I only listen to about 6 stations and I’m used to just using the steering wheel controls to cycle through them. My new truck has all 12 presets set so instead of just cycling through my 6 favorite channels I have to go through all 12 to get back to the first one again.

Go to a AM radio screen
Click on browse button lower left corner
List of your presets is displayed
Then you can click on trash can icon to erase a preset
Hold to set will appear after you erase a preset
found this info on page 26 of the uconnect manual for the 12” display D284A40D-87A6-493E-9F7F-1DB4C45D48A3.jpeg screen

Last edited:

silver64

Ram Guru
Reaction score
isn't it just easier to overwrite them with stations you do want?

beta379

Reaction score
Go to a AM radio screen
Click on browse button lower left corner
List of your presets is displayed
Then you can click on trash can icon to erase a preset
Hold to set will appear after you erase a preset
found this info on page 26 of the uconnect manual for the 12” display View attachment 26081 screen

Thanks this was helpful for the AM/FM presets! I was curious how to do this in the satellite radio portion. I also find it odd there would be presets that can be different then your favorites list.

Users who are viewing this thread