5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to enable ventilated seats via AlphaOBD?

jeffjcalweb

Reaction score
Hi - posting here as well as in my thread I started in the 'interior' forum.

I am trying to enable ventilated seats - these were taken out of a 2020 Laramie, all wiring harnesses are connected. I have a 2020 BigHorn with the 8.4Uconnect - truck had dual heated seats before and the new seats are installed. I just updated using AlphaOBD that now shows the ventilated control option on the Uconnect screen, so I know I got that part right. However when pressing the vent control icon, nothing happens. Is there anything else I'm missing maybe in AlphaOBD? The new seats had the identical wire harness connectors as the old seats, everything is connected. I'm as close to 100% that they are ventilated and seller (off ebay, reputable and no reports of any previous misrepresentation on anything they have sold) said they tested before listing.

I only saw in the "Body Configuration" an option that was "front ventilated seats present" and that's all I toggled to 'yes'. Looking for any other suggestions/input on what to maybe look at to get these working.

Thanks!

Last edited:

Toperz

Reaction score

I am trying to enable ventilated seats - these were taken out of a 2020 Laramie, all wiring harnesses are connected. I have a 2020 BigHorn with the 8.4Uconnect - truck had dual heated seats before and the new seats are installed. I just updated using AlphaOBD that now shows the ventilated control option on the Uconnect screen, so I know I got that part right. However when pressing the vent control icon, nothing happens. Is there anything else I'm missing maybe in AlphaOBD? The new seats had the identical wire harness connectors as the old seats, everything is connected. I'm as close to 100% that they are ventilated and seller (off ebay, reputable and no reports of any previous misrepresentation on anything they have sold) said they tested before listing.

I only saw in the "Body Configuration" an option that was "front ventilated seats present" and that's all I toggled to 'yes'. Looking for any other suggestions/input on what to maybe look at to get these working.

Thanks!
There is another option in Body Computer--->Car config change--->Memory: Front vented seats present . Try activate that too. I dont have vented seats, just looking in alfaobd menu.

mjdrebel

Reaction score
Were you able to get the vented seats to operate via AlphaOBD?

jv56

Reaction score

Thanks!
Could you please tell me what you changed in alpha obd app to get it working with the 8.4” screen screen please.

Users who are viewing this thread