5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

HOW TO DISABLE Weather Alerts??

Kyledelaughter

Reaction score
every time I start the truck I get a weather Flood Warning! I have looked all over and cannot find how to disable the weather alerts. I have 12 inch UConnect - please help!

chrisfuss

Reaction score
every time I start the truck I get a weather Flood Warning! I have looked all over and cannot find how to disable the weather alerts. I have 12 inch UConnect - please help!

Tazer DT

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
There are four ways to 'disable' weather alerts:

1. Go back to the dealer you bought it from and have them cancel the Travel Link 5-year free trial. This can only be done at the dealership that the truck was initially purchased at. Only the dealership that activated the trial can get it cancelled.
2. Cancel all your SiriusXM services and re-subscribe. Yes, all of them.
4. Wait 5 years and cancel the Travel Link free trial before you start paying for it.
4. TazerDT

I've been round and round with SiriusXM and RAM Cares as well as Google-ing until I gave up. When the dealership activated the free trials for SiriusXM (radio, Guardian, Travel Link, and Traffic Plus) it was a bundle. Once the trial runs out you can opt to cancel that particular service but you cannot cancel it before.

The only way to 'un-bundle' a trial service and cancel it is to have the originator do it (dealership that activated the service).

Unfortunately the dealership I bought mine from is 130 miles away. I called them and they have never done anything like that before so don't know how to go about it. I'm not about to waste a whole day (and 1/2 tank of gas) to find out they can't do it.

SiriusXM was very vague about how to get it done other than "you have to go to the dealership that you bought the truck from". If the dealership was local I'd go down that rabbit hole but not worth my time for my situation.

I'm not interested in buying a Tazer DT so that's out for me too.

The only other option SiriusXM gave me was to cancel everything and start over and pay for the services I want.

I've only got 3 years, 8 months, and 14 days more of random weather alerts. ;)

RickWaz

Reaction score

1. Go back to the dealer you bought it from and have them cancel the Travel Link 5-year free trial. This can only be done at the dealership that the truck was initially purchased at. Only the dealership that activated the trial can get it cancelled.
4. Wait 5 years and cancel the Travel Link free trial before you start paying for it.
4. TazerDT

I've been round and round with SiriusXM and RAM Cares as well as Google-ing until I gave up. When the dealership activated the free trials for SiriusXM (radio, Guardian, Travel Link, and Traffic Plus) it was a bundle. Once the trial runs out you can opt to cancel that particular service but you cannot cancel it before.

The only way to 'un-bundle' a trial service and cancel it is to have the originator do it (dealership that activated the service).

Unfortunately the dealership I bought mine from is 130 miles away. I called them and they have never done anything like that before so don't know how to go about it. I'm not about to waste a whole day (and 1/2 tank of gas) to find out they can't do it.

SiriusXM was very vague about how to get it done other than "you have to go to the dealership that you bought the truck from". If the dealership was local I'd go down that rabbit hole but not worth my time for my situation.

The only other option SiriusXM gave me was to cancel everything and start over and pay for the services I want.

I have not tried this yet, but it seems legit:

Sonnie

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
The Tazer DT is pretty neat and does a lot more, so you might want to check it out. There are also group buys all the time for it to get it for less.

Kyledelaughter

Reaction score

4. TazerDT

This is the craziest thing I have ever seen LOL

jslif27

Reaction score
I recently had my 2019 RAM Big Horn radio upgraded (8/16/22) and I have the option to disable Weather alerts. I don't recall that being an option before. Can someone confirm if this is an option to any older radio versions? I do not know the current version of my radio, but I do not recall this being there previously.

Attachments

• IMG-5386.jpg
    IMG-5386.jpg
    182.5 KB · Views: 31

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The latest revision of the uConnect 4 software has that option.

I also just had my software updated. I was on 22.6 and that option wasn’t there. Now I’m on 39.6 and the option is there, so some time after 22.6 that option was added.

steveved

Reaction score
Thanks Master Chief. I may have to contact my stealership and see what they charge for the code upgrade.

Users who are viewing this thread