5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to disable voice notifications of texts

Isbtown

Reaction score
I have tried to figure this out and searched the forums but i'm lost. When i get a text the voice notifcation will give me the long spiel "you have a text notifcation from xxx-xxx-xxxx" and it drives me nuts. I want to turn off the voice notification of texts in the truck but have no idea how to do it. have a Google Pixel 3 XL. I don't use Android Auto (don't think I do) but use uConnect. I"m probably missing something super easy... TIA. 2021 Ram Limited.

bud007

Reaction score
isbtown
not sure what you have , but i have the 12" display , i went into settings and ( i think ) turned off the voice notifications . maybe i dont get enough texts to really see if it is working or not :)

Dusty1948

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have tried to figure this out and searched the forums but i'm lost. When i get a text the voice notifcation will give me the long spiel "you have a text notifcation from xxx-xxx-xxxx" and it drives me nuts. I want to turn off the voice notification of texts in the truck but have no idea how to do it. have a Google Pixel 3 XL. I don't use Android Auto (don't think I do) but use uConnect. I"m probably missing something super easy... TIA. 2021 Ram Limited.
Well, I know you can do it because I switched that feature off on mine for the very same reason. I just can't remember how I did it. I have the 8.4 inch screen, if it matters. Let me go through the menu again and maybe it will jog my memory.

Best regards,
Dusty
2019 Ram 1500 Billet Silver Laramie Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 33 gallon fuel tank, factory dual exhaust, 18” wheels. Build date: 03 June 2018. Now at: 050594 miles.

db252

Reaction score
Same for us but iPhone related. We had to turn off Show Notifications in the Bluetooth settings with Uconnect on the iPhone. Might be something similar.

Isbtown

Reaction score
Same for us but iPhone related. We had to turn off Show Notifications in the Bluetooth settings with Uconnect on the iPhone. Might be something similar.
This is the answer! thank you!!!

Dusty1948

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yep. That's how I did it.

Regards,
Dusty
2019 Ram 1500 Billet Silver Laramie Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 33 gallon fuel tank, factory dual exhaust, 18” wheels. Build date: 03 June 2018. Now at: 050607 miles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online