5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to disable "Location" service of our RAMs ?!

shurik74

Reaction score
Howdy everyone...

Recently started playing with Uconnect app on my phone. As many of you know that you can track location of you truck that got me thinking that FCA basically know where you are all the time and collect data. Not a biggy but wondering if someone know how to completely disable this?! Assume tracking being done via ATT that built in in our infotainment system with eSIM.

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
It's done my Sirius. And you can disable it in the Sirius menu item under settings.

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Don't know about you guys, but this is the exact info that a theif can use to steal a truck..and not track it. Just sayin.

Used to own a Ram 1500, Current owner of a 2016 Charger scat pack, and 2021 jeep wrangler

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Don't know about you guys, but this is the exact info that a theif can use to steal a truck..and not track it. Just sayin.

Used to own a Ram 1500, Current owner of a 2016 Charger scat pack, and 2021 jeep wrangler
I think if you have Guardian, it will still track as that is a separate service.

shurik74

Reaction score
Interesting, thank you RAM lovers... I was pretty sure it's being tracked by FCA via ATT eSIM card.

Yes, Guardian service came with my truck 1 year trial I think.

shurik74

Reaction score

If someone would want to steal our trucks, they will figure out how to do it anyway.... my 2c

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If someone would want to steal our trucks, they will figure out how to do it anyway.... my 2c
Thats a given....but if you want to recover it, your screwed.

If your worried about tracking, should worry about all of the apps tracking you on your smart phone.

shurik74

Reaction score
Thats a given....but if you want to recover it, your screwed.

If your worried about tracking, should worry about all of the apps tracking you on your smart phone.

Nailed with smart phone... hands down :geek:

Aseras

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Decline all the terms of service and tell them to deprovision the car entirely, not just discontinue the service. If you know someone at att, have them blacklist the IMEI.

Users who are viewing this thread