5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to disable air suspension auto adjust

Jinesh

Reaction score
Hello everyone,,
Does anyone know how to disable the air suspension auto adjusting at the different miles per hour speeds. I'm pulling my travel trailer from beach to beach this summer and when I picked it up this morning it set up best in off road one setting everything was nice and level no squat look good. However once I got up around 30 miles per hour the auto leveling in the air suspension kicked in and brought it back down to the normal mode. Does anyone know if it's possible to set a suspension height on the toggle switch and then disengage so it stays at that suspension height permanently until you reactivate it again. It actually pulled quite nicely but jumping from beach to beach and short trips I'd rather keep it in OR1 https://speedtest.vet/ https://vidmate.bid/.

Last edited:

broken_vet

Reaction score
Just turn aero mode off
It looks like they want to prevent it from automatically going to Normal from Off Road 1. I tried to figure this out when I had a 2020 Limited without the ORG, but I wasn't able to find a way to do it without having to mess with the air suspension linkage, and i didn't want to do that. My research wasn't too in depth, but enough to know that i couldn't do it through uConnect.

Trooper4

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hello everyone,,
Does anyone know how to disable the air suspension auto adjusting at the different miles per hour speeds. I'm pulling my travel trailer from beach to beach this summer and when I picked it up this morning it set up best in off road one setting everything was nice and level no squat look good. However once I got up around 30 miles per hour the auto leveling in the air suspension kicked in and brought it back down to the normal mode. Does anyone know if it's possible to set a suspension height on the toggle switch and then disengage so it stays at that suspension height permanently until you reactivate it again. It actually pulled quite nicely but jumping from beach to beach and short trips I'd rather keep it in OR1.
"OR" settings are speed sensitive. I have never heard of anyone keeping any height above "NORMAL" at any speed above the factory setting, unless you have a TRX.

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
It looks like they want to prevent it from automatically going to Normal from Off Road 1. I tried to figure this out when I had a 2020 Limited without the ORG, but I wasn't able to find a way to do it without having to mess with the air suspension linkage, and i didn't want to do that. My research wasn't too in depth, but enough to know that i couldn't do it through uConnect.

I understand that but you can only lock out aero mode, not the others unless you pull the fuse

skny

Reaction score
RTFM as they say. Starts at page 176 in the online manual accessible from the “My Ram” app, at least for me.

There is also this little video:

You cannot disable the auto-level to Normal when pulling a trailer.

When not pulling a trailer, you can disable Aero mode from automatically kicking in between 62-66mph when driven for 20 seconds or you exceed 66mph through the uConnect settings. Aero will also revert back to Normal if you drive between 30mph - 35 mph for 20 seconds or you drive 30mph or lower.

OR1 will revert to Normal mode if you drive between 40mph-50mph for 20 seconds.

OR2 will revert to OR1 if you exceed 25mph.

Entry/Exit mode will revert to normal when you exceed 15mph.

AirLinks or Revel links will allow you to “level”, raise or lower your vehicle while in Normal mode by adjusting the air suspension sensors default position. I’ve actually got a set of AirLinks in order to level things out (raise front/lower rear a hair).

AevJk1day

Reaction score
Set it in OF1 mode and hank the fuse. It will stay out but if it leaks over time you have to air up obviously.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brenan00

Reaction score
RTFM as they say. Starts at page 176 in the online manual accessible from the “My Ram” app, at least for me.

There is also this little video:

You cannot disable the auto-level to Normal when pulling a trailer.

When not pulling a trailer, you can disable Aero mode from automatically kicking in between 62-66mph when driven for 20 seconds or you exceed 66mph through the uConnect settings. Aero will also revert back to Normal if you drive between 30mph - 35 mph for 20 seconds or you drive 30mph or lower.

OR1 will revert to Normal mode if you drive between 40mph-50mph for 20 seconds.

OR2 will revert to OR1 if you exceed 25mph.

Entry/Exit mode will revert to normal when you exceed 15mph.

AirLinks or Revel links will allow you to “level”, raise or lower your vehicle while in Normal mode by adjusting the air suspension sensors default position. I’ve actually got a set of AirLinks in order to level things out (raise front/lower rear a hair).
How do you like your airlinks did it change your ride?. I am thinking about getting them. For $54 is it too good to be true. Thanks

AevJk1day

Reaction score
How do you like your airlinks did it change your ride?. I am thinking about getting them. For $54 is it too good to be true. Thanks

So far I like mine. I bought them for convenience and aesthetics. You could easily make these things for less than a few dollars each. Shane answered most of my questions and was helpful, plus I didn’t have to go to Lowe’s. The truck rides firmer bc I’m essentially in Normal mode when the computer thinks I am in Aero. In my case Offroad mode isn’t usable unless I tinker with the links’s length more. It’s looks good and I was able to level out the driver and passenger-differences too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread