5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to delete a user profile

lsupcar

Reaction score
I have a second user profile linked to the memory seat position 2. I wish to delete this user profile so every time I choose seat memory two, it does not change user profiles.
When I have the profile loaded, I go to edit profile, and select delete profile, It deletes the profile for about 5 seconds and displayes only user proflle one and the add user icon. Then in a few seconds, the icon for user profile 2 returns with its settings. This happens over and over again. Tried rebooting the radio with no change in results. Is the profile saved somewhere else? The cloud?
Any help getting rid of this profile would be appreciated.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I don't think you can get rid of it.

You can factory reset the radio to remove the preset itself, but you will always have 2, at least that's how my truck seems to work.

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I have a second user profile linked to the memory seat position 2. I wish to delete this user profile so every time I choose seat memory two, it does not change user profiles.
When I have the profile loaded, I go to edit profile, and select delete profile, It deletes the profile for about 5 seconds and displayes only user proflle one and the add user icon. Then in a few seconds, the icon for user profile 2 returns with its settings. This happens over and over again. Tried rebooting the radio with no change in results. Is the profile saved somewhere else? The cloud?
Any help getting rid of this profile would be appreciated.
I think with the memory, there will always be 2 profiles. The button is to select profile 1 or 2, not seat position 1 or 2. Each profile controls a lot more than seat position. When you delete profile, it only deletes the personalized settings for that profile.

Users who are viewing this thread