5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to collect trash?

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Any time someone (including me) gets out of my truck, they take their trash with them. Most of it is accumulated driving from one campground to the next, and is from stopping for food. We put everything in the bag it came in and throw it out every time we stop.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
wife got one for the ram and liked it so much she put one in her car
she has asthma and goes through a box of tissue a month so too much to hold in your hand to take out, easier to put in a bag and then dump it.

Those also double as a car sickness bag for rear seat passengers :p

I've used something similar to that in the past. They work fine when no one is in the back, but I think they're a little intrusive when people are sitting back there.

Shots

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That's one of the reasons why I don't want a bag hanging on the back of a seat. It just seems trashy (excuse the pun) to have your garbage in the rear passenger's face.
The cloth bag on the side of the console that I use hangs beside the passenger's knee. Basically of out of sight. Not hanging in someone's face, not junking up and/or taking space in the center console. When it's empty it lays flat against the console so it's not in the way. I keep it empty. It's only there for temporary use. If we're driving somewhere and have trash for some reason it goes in the bag. As soon as we stop, the bag is emptied. I don't understand why some people (not saying anyone here, but people like that one nasty photo) hog their car/truck up. That's got to stink, and the clutter would drive me insane.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
not in these crew cabs:)
plenty of room
There is definitely a lot of room in the back seat, but it was in a 5th gen that I has the issue. Lets just say people complained. It depends somewhat on how far back the front seats are adjusted I suppose.

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
There is definitely a lot of room in the back seat, but it was in a 5th gen that I has the issue. Lets just say people complained. It depends somewhat on how far back the front seats are adjusted I suppose.
Complaining? I'd tell them the suggestion box for free rides is in front of their face, too. 🤣

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Complaining? I'd tell them the suggestion box for free rides is in front of their face, too. 🤣
Not so sure the wife would appreciate that one. :LOL: She rides in the back if we go somewhere with friends, and is who first let me know about having the trash hanging in front of her friend.

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Not so sure the wife would appreciate that one. :LOL: She rides in the back if we go somewhere with friends, and is who first let me know about having the trash hanging in front of her friend.
I feel like there's about 4-5 different cheap shots I could take on that comment, but I'll leave it. You know, though. :cool:

AV8OR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I clean out my truck of trash at every stop but I would like a place to put the protective wrapper off a soda straw, or receipts they still give you after you say, “I don’t need the receipt“, etc.

So I ordered these off Amazon and they are listed from Baby Bear to Poppa Bear:

FIOTOK Mini Auto Garbage Can

ZUBA Car Trash Can

ThinSGO Car Silicone Trash Can

It’s just me in the truck 95% of the time but I still like having both front cup holders available at all times so I keep one of the trash cans in the rear passenger cupholders on the center console.

So far I like the Momma Bear size ZUBA the best.

The FIOTOK grabs your fingers when you stuff something in and then the top pulls off.

The ThinSGO is just toooooooo big and it does fit perfectly in the foam bottle holder but I have to fumble around to reach it.

Attachments

• 53B6FF4E-AA77-49BC-A91F-68CC91AF9ABB.jpeg
    53B6FF4E-AA77-49BC-A91F-68CC91AF9ABB.jpeg
    135.7 KB · Views: 29
  • D618C5CD-9F2A-49E9-87FF-F87AAA6628B3.jpeg
    D618C5CD-9F2A-49E9-87FF-F87AAA6628B3.jpeg
    117.9 KB · Views: 29
  • A15CD84A-4E65-47E2-B626-3DB237A2FC97.jpeg
    A15CD84A-4E65-47E2-B626-3DB237A2FC97.jpeg
    145.3 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I clean out my truck of trash at every stop but I would like a place to put the protective wrapper off a soda straw, or receipts they still give you after you say, “I don’t need the receipt“, etc.
Yeah, hate it when they do that. Why did you ask if you're still going to print it?

Luckily, their counter is a great place to put the receipt that I didn't ask for. :cool:

dahknee

Reaction score
That secures to your floor mat. Which floor mats do you have? I'm not sure it will clip to the all-weather floor mats that are thicker than the carpeted ones.
It clips to the carpeted part of my floor mats. I have the mats that with my limited.

Users who are viewing this thread