5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to collect trash?

Viper1mx

Reaction score
"I studied with the Maharishi for many years, and really didn't learn that much. But one thing that he taught me, I'll never forget: 'ALWAYS...' no, wait-- 'NEVER...' no, wait, it was 'ALWAYS carry a litter bag in your car. It doesn't take up much room, and if it gets full, you can toss it out the window.'"
-Steve Martin

c3k

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Sunroof open, speed between 20 and 50, a gentle loft, and the trash ends up in the bed.

I'm not sure who cleans out the bed, but by the end of the week, it's always empty.

(Totally tongue in cheek, guys. ;) )

tdager

Reaction score
She sounds like my wife. Drives me absolutely nuts when I get into her Jeep. Anywhere else, she's an absolute neat freak, and it's not like she drive a winter beater.
LOL same. My wife is a clean freak in most every area except her car. She is a messy one there for some reason.

cervelo15

Reaction score
My OCD was in hyperdrive recently while driving my in laws, wife and daughter to Florida. What I did do was buy a durable seat cover for the backseat so when we got home, I pulled the whole thing out and washed it. Worked like a charm. Also cleaned out the truck at every rest stop/gas stop.

I also have one of those cleaning putty/gels and brush in my console to get out while waiting to pick up my daughter from school. I’m sure the moms in line look at me like what the hell is this dude doing.

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I tend to avoid eating in my truck, but if I do I remove food trash right away so it doesn't smell like a burger inside my truck for too long. Otherwise paper and stuff I put in the side door compartment and toss out when I fuel it up.

AdamChandler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Rules for mine...
  • Enter with it - Exit with it
  • no food/drink
  • Chewy snacks are ok / crumblies are not
Here where I keep my trash and empty the space out every time I gas up

View attachment 62431

I don't have kids so this photo here is how I do it. Everything is in a cup holder OR in that front lower cubby. Every time I get home or to a gas station or restaurant, I grab what I see and throw it out. Nothing is ever in that spot for more than 24 hours. Keeps the car clean.

c3k

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I open that cool slider, toss it in the bed. The dump is just down the highway.

Odd, but, every time I pull up to the dump, I've found that some good Samaritan has already taken the trash out of my bed. I like it when folks pay it foward.

;)

AV8OR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Seems like 25% of my meals are eaten in my truck but it gets thrown away at the next stop and I never ever leave trash in my truck.

That said I keep one of these Dog Pooper Bag Holders in the center console for times I might need a trash bag.

If we are going on a road trip I‘ll bring along a few plastic grocery bags to put in the side door because they are bigger then the Dog Pooper Bags and I can use the handles on the grocery store bags to tie up the mess.

But the Dog Pooper Bags are always onboard just incase I need a bag for something messy.

JustCallMeD

Reaction score
I'm the same as most with taking out trash instantly, but for the small stuff like receipts or gum wrappers, whatever, I use something like this cupholder can in the bottom of the driver door. Works great for me and just empty it out at the gas stations.
1644545227394.png

Shots

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My wife made me a bag. She makes purses, dog coats, masks, table runners, and a bunch of random stuff. I used one of those 3M removable hooks as an anchor point in the center console. The bag hangs over the passenger side and the hook is inverted so strap comes over the top of the console and "hangs" on the hook.

Probably easy to post a photo. I'll take one this afternoon when I'm in my truck, and post it later.

Shots

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Here it is.
She makes them in various colors and designs but I liked the shark on so I grabbed it. She made my buddy one that's black/gray and blends in pretty well. That's what I was planning on doing until I saw this one.

Attachments

• trash bag (1).jpg
    trash bag (1).jpg
    349.1 KB · Views: 27
  • trash bag (4).jpg
    trash bag (4).jpg
    484.7 KB · Views: 27

Daleone3

Reaction score
Just bought my truck on Juky 4th. Wondering how everyone is managing trash in their trucks. I typically kept a bag around my other cars shifter or hooked on an brake shaft but cant seem to figure out how to hook a grocery bag up for trash collection.

What have yall come up with? Is there something after market that works well?
Thanks

2020 Maximum Steel Laramie 4x4 Quad Cab
I keep a small trash can behind the seat, you can also find (at walmart) something that may fit better with the storage bins there. Something that would go in a bathroom in the house seems to fit , narrow and out of sight

Users who are viewing this thread