5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to collect trash?

bottleojesus

Reaction score
Just bought my truck on Juky 4th. Wondering how everyone is managing trash in their trucks. I typically kept a bag around my other cars shifter or hooked on an brake shaft but cant seem to figure out how to hook a grocery bag up for trash collection.

What have yall come up with? Is there something after market that works well?
Thanks

2020 Maximum Steel Laramie 4x4 Quad Cab

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I don't tend to eat or drink in my truck, so the only trash I acquire are fast food receipts and bits of paper or stuff like that. Those go into my center consult just under the center armrest. I then wait until I wash the truck, maybe 3 months down the line and empty that out.

However, if you actually use your truck and acquire trash like a normal person, then I would just get an aftermarket car trash can that attaches to the back of the passenger seat. If you have the large center console, you can hide a decent size trash bag in there as well.

Here is a pretty good one: https://www.amazon.com/Leak-Proof-G...jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
I try to take any trash with me whenever I get out.

For messy stuff, I save empty produce bags. I fold them up like a flag, so I have neat little triangles in the upper armrest compartment, next to the excess napkins.
Something about this is funny to me but I can't quite pinpoint it. :p

J-Cooz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Same..I throw it out everytime I get out of the truck..now if I could only teach my girlfriend to do the same in her Jeep.

Helmetface

Reaction score
I put all of my dry trash in this. Works very well.

I empty once a week or so. No messes to speak of...

20200704_113445.jpg

Stevenc150

Reaction score
Rules for mine...
  • Enter with it - Exit with it
  • no food/drink
  • Chewy snacks are ok / crumblies are not
Here where I keep my trash and empty the space out every time I gas up

20200718_111857.jpg

djjr50

Reaction score
I purchased a set of these for both my truck and my wife's vehicle since we have a young one. Having a receptacle and teaching people to discard things make it easy to clean up. it comes with velcro strip that I attached to the bottom of the container and placed it behind the center console on the ground.

cdn.tbird

Reaction score
Same..I throw it out everytime I get out of the truck..now if I could only teach my girlfriend to do the same in her Jeep.
She sounds like my wife. Drives me absolutely nuts when I get into her Jeep. Anywhere else, she's an absolute neat freak, and it's not like she drive a winter beater.

STR

Reaction score
I don’t keep trash in any vehicle. I don’t even let clutter in the bed, trunk, or hatch. I’d suggest disposing of anything collected upon exiting. If you must, then those pockets in the doors are pretty deep.

Skater

Reaction score
Rules for mine...
  • Enter with it - Exit with it
  • no food/drink
  • Chewy snacks are ok / crumblies are not
Here where I keep my trash and empty the space out every time I gas up

View attachment 62431
You have kiddos and can keep crumblies out of your truck? You are a better man than I my friend. Cookies, cupcakes, potato chips, Takis, Goldfish, K-Bars, sheesh... even I cannot keep crumblies out of my own truck. However..... your trashcan location is convenient and common between us. Mine has crumblies in it underneath the paper receipts, and other refuse.

Stevenc150

Reaction score
You have kiddos and can keep crumblies out of your truck? You are a better man than I my friend...
:LOL: ...def not better just different. Yeah 8yo & 12yo: lets just say I can make their xbox time disappear with just a [snap]...

Attach50761_20200719_212638.gif

Attachments

• Attach50760_20200719_212149.gif
    Attach50760_20200719_212149.gif
    864.8 KB · Views: 34

Sparking1

Reaction score
I try to take any trash with me whenever I get out.

For messy stuff, I save empty produce bags. I fold them up like a flag, so I have neat little triangles in the upper armrest compartment, next to the excess napkins.

Ah, but are you at the position of attention while folding the produce bags into neat little triangles? 😂

Users who are viewing this thread